One happy family

One happy family

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Spring break and Zayne's mishap

I loved Spring Break!! It was so nice to have no schedule. We started out the week with a beautiful sunny Sunday!! Here is Zayne right after church in his nice suit that his cousin Archie gave him :)

It was a little bright outside! Evie was loving her new scooter!


 She was also loving this coloring book that our friend Amy and Abe gave her!

Her face!! Here it is all finished the next morning :)

Owen's sister came to visit his parent's. So we went over there one afternoon. Here is Colton with his older cousin, Torri!


On Wed we went to Chuck E Cheese! You can kind of see it the girls formed a conga line and were dancing at one point  :)

Zayne and cousin, Archie. They have been getting along so well and have lots of fun playing together!


After Chuck E Cheese we went back to my sisters house. I caught this cute picture of Coloton giving me this sweet smile!

And then it happened....All of the cousins were outside playing. They decided to go to the park just down the road from my sisters house. It was a little while later and One of the girls come rushing into the house saying that Zayne hit his head and he was bleeding all over. Of course I go into freak out mode and she gets on her scooter to take me to him while I run behind her. Then I see the rest of the girls bringing Zayne as fast as they can in the wagon. He had blood all over his face and clothes. I was trying to figure out what was going on. He wasn't crying, although he had been. He looked a little bit shocked. I guess, since I wasn't present when it happened, I deserve mother of the year award  :( 
The girls told me that Zayne was on a balance beam type thing, that is metal and kind of has a spring to it, it isn't very high off the ground but somehow he fell and bonked his head. I learned my lesson and won't be doing that again for a long time....

This was after I had cleaned off a lot of the blood around his face....


I was worried the wound looked really deep. So I called my sister that is a nurse and she lives right around the corner from my other sister. She had to take her daughter to swim lessons and didn't have time to look at it. She said her husband was at home and could butterfly bandage it closed for me....so we head over there. He starts trying to clean the wound up and doesn't get too far into it when he decides its not in his realm of fixing and suggested I take him to the urgent care, which I was already kind of planning to do. Better safe than sorry, right?!  Owen was already heading our way because we were going to go to Famous Daves for Evie's free bday meal....I was afraid they were going to have to stitch Zayne up and I didn't think I could handle having to hold him down while they did it, so I chickened out and had Owen take him. I took Evie and Colton to dinner...I got calls and text updates from Owen while they were at the Dr. ....

Luckily they just cleaned it out and glued it. The Dr told Owen that if it had been anywhere else they would have had to stitch it. .... Owen said Zayne was really brave and didn't even cry.

I included this picture because I had zoomed in on his wound - you can see how deep it is :(

After Zayne got home from the Dr. he told me that he got 2 Popsicles while he was there!! What a brave little guy!! Good thing he is so hard headed ;) Love our little Zayne!!







0 comments: