One happy family

One happy family

Sunday, March 20, 2016

5th Day!

Our fifth day we started out at Disneyland. We had magic morning tickets, meaning we could get into the park an hour prior to the park opening, but our shuttle driver screwed us over and didn't show up when they said they would. SO, we totally lost out on the chance to really utilize the extra time for rides and fast pass access. Oh, well! We did meet up with Owen's parents! We decided to tackle Fantasy Land first. The line for Peter Pan was already really long by the time we got there. So Owen's dad and him stood in line while me, the kids, and grandma Johnston rode Snow White and Pinocchio!





We hit up the carousel again because it was the kids favorite!



Zayne had been wanting to ride the monorail for quite some time so we headed over that way. There happened to be a really great view of the Matterhorn, so we snapped a quick picture or two!


After the monorail I needed to go nurse Colton, so Grandma Johnston took Evie to meet Tinkerbell and her fairy friends :) Evie was really excited to tell Tinkerbell 'Hello' from her tooth fairy, Tinkertooth ;)

 Evie said she didn't really know who this other fairy was but said she was really nice ;)


We decided to hop over to California Adventure. We caught a fun little band/parade on our way out of the park! I captured this picture of Pluto waving to Zayne! He was loving it!


Colton was having a fun time!

Colton decided to take a nap and so I decided to hold him on the bench which wasn't very fun for the kids! But Grandma and Grandpa took Zayne to ride the Little Mermaid ride, which was actually one of his favorites, while Owen took Evie to ride Califronia Screamin' again. After everyone came back to me, Grandma and Grandpa took Evie and Zayne to ride on the Toy Story ride! It was a really long wait but the kids loved it!

Owen's sister and her husband stayed with Zayne and Colton so Evie, Owen and I could ride California Screamin again :)


We must have ridden it 2x! I think I got a rider switch card for this :)


Owen and Evie went with Owen's brother in law and their kids to go ride the Grizzly river ride. They got soaked! They did ride it 2x in a row! While they were busy doing that, we went to a Bugs Life section and rode several, very slow and very Kiddie type rides - but Zayne LOVED it! He loved riding with Grandma :)


I love this picture of my mother in law and father in law! 

Evie had no idea who Flick was, and I actually still don't know who he is, but he was really funny! Evie loved it. She couldn't stop laughing at all of the silly things he was doing!


This was THE slowest version of "bumper cars" I have ever been on :)

We went to grab a spot to watch the Pixar Play parade! 

It was pretty awesome, as you can tell by Zayne's face! My mother in law snapped a quick picture of Zaynes face when he saw the Toy Story float coming around the corner!


 After the parade it was the moment Evie had been waiting for....meeting Elsa and Anna!!


 They were so fun!! Anna told Elsa that maybe she could wrap her hair in icicles to try and get her hair curled like Evie's. Zayne refused to go up and meet them, he was being shy. They asked if his hair was frozen that way ;) It was pretty cute!

She was in heaven!!


We tried to get a picture in front of this quote...didn't really work so well! The whole time we kept trying to shove the kids out of the picture...oh, well! We definitely wouldn't be as happy as we are without them ;)

Owen's dad had a sleeping Colton in his arms and we didn't dare move him!

We killed some time before heading over to watch the World of Color water/light show. We stopped by the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree which was also one of the kids' favorite ride!


We attempted a family picture while we waited for the show to begin. We failed on every attempt!



The show was AMAZING! It was really cool and the kids loved it as well! Towards the end of the show they play a song about being forever young and then it had lots of pictures and videos of little kids enjoying all the different parts of Disneyland. It was really sweet. At the end of the song Owen said - "that was quite touching." and this man doesn't really talk about emotions or feelings very often, so the fact that I was teary eyed AND he said that, means it really was! I'm not exactly sure what it was, the fact that for a lot of us, childhood is so carefree and we are so innocent. Maybe as adults we long for that feeling again, and that's why people, old and young, love Disneyland so much?! I don't know, but it definitely has a special feeling about it :)
Here we are - once again, all tuckered out :)
It was a great day! 






1 comments:

Jana said...

Em, I've totally loved reading all of your posts about your trip! Okay that last paragraph made me emotional and I wasn't even there haha. What a wonderful experience for your kids! And your in-laws are so cute, love the pictures of them. And your family pictures, I'm so glad my kids aren't the only ones that cannot stand still and smile for pictures ;).