One happy family

One happy family

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow storm!

This ( I'm missing those sunny, warm days!):
and this:


Don't mix very well! I attempted to leave my home Wed morning for the gym. I slid all over the road to the stop sign by our place. Then proceeded to get stuck at the stop sign. THIS SNOW IS DEEP! Instead of digging myself deeper into the snow, and not wanting to chance my life or Evies life OR the life of anyone else on the road - I backed my car up and went right back home. That is where I have stayed ever since. I did have to work Wed. night, but because of Owens flexible work schedule (or non existent, if you will, because of the season) he was able to drive me safely to work and back in his 4 wheel drive truck. The only 2 "accidents" I have ever had were when I was living in Rexburg and driving at 2 mph and slid into another car. Our car was way nicer than the stupid, beat up, old truck I slid into - but the guy insisted on getting my insurance. Pretty sure there was more damage to ours than his. Whatever. Should be coming off my insurance record soon! Anyway- HATE driving in the snow.

The snow does make this little girl happy! Luckily one of my best friends has a nice 4x4 vehicle, and she lives a little ways down the road, accepted our invitation to come over and build a snowman and have hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies!

The snow wasn't good packing snow....so no snowman today :( Evie and Addi had fun playing nonetheless. We were only out there for maybe 10 or 15 min. and Evie had had enough. Here's to hoping this weather goes away soon! Bring on the spring! BTW- the snow is still coming down pretty hard!







1 comments:

Jana said...

Ugh, I likewise hate driving in the snow. I stayed inside alll day on Wednesday - my poor kids just had to watch the snow from the window :).