January 29, 2005. That date seems like a long time ago, but at the same time, it feels like it has flown by! Owen and I have been married for 7 whole years and sometimes I can't believe it has been that long! We went to this annual Dupont meeting last year in Feb. and this year it just happened to be over our anniversary :) Lucky us! We received a free stay in a luxery hotel, complete with a free fancy dinner! AND my friend Kristi took Miss Evie for the night. It was such a nice little get away!
Coeur d'Alene Lake is truly beautiful and we had a beautiful view from our room! Owen had meetings from 1-5 on Saturday. One of my best friends' husband works for Simplot so they were there for the meeting as well, so me and my friend went shopping all day!!! She was so sweet to go maternity shopping with me :) And give me true opinions! Love you Courtney :) I was also grateful they were there because I usually don't like social work situations. Everyone just drinks and it's awkward - not because they are drinking, just because we don't know anyone....and we are usually the youngest ones there. Anyway, we had a very nice dinner that night because our friends were there too :)
Us before dinner. You can see my pregnant self getting bigger by the day. It is quite the conversation piece. People love seeing a pregnant woman, there is just something about it that sparks up the conversation!

Us after dinner. We didn't know what to do with ourselves because we are used to getting Evie to bed and then crashing ourselves. We didn't have Ev's, so we decided to go get some snacks and watch TV. Luckily TBS had Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens on - two of our favorite shows. We were up til 1:00 AM, wich was also lucky because our toilet started overflowing, like filled almost the whole bathroom overflowing. So we had the maintenance guy come up and we were loopy and just laughing and laughing...poor guy. For the record, neither of us plugged it up, I promise! The toilet was having problems when we first checked into our room! I know the situation sounds so glamorous, but we really enjoyed just hanging out with each other :)

Our messy hotel room and Owen sprawled out on the nice and roomy king sized bed.


The view from our room. Last year we were quite a bit higher up. This year we were only on the 3rd floor, but it was still a beautiful view of the lake and all of the trees.

We ventured out onto the balcony the next morning. Owen looks across the room where the other door is that leads out to the other side of the balcony. We didn't even realize the door was there.

And we find THIS!!! Owen was totally dismayed! We couldn't believe that we missed the hot tub on our balcony! I couldn't have sat in it, but Owen could have, and boy was he mad!!!

The next morning we went to Denny's for breakfast. Owen knows how much I love 50's diners, so we stopped at this one! They played all of the oldies music I know and love!
My friend Kristi and I kept in contact via text and picture messages and she assured me that Evie was doing great. She was a good eater and only asked for me a few times and slept through the night! I couldn't have asked for a better person to take care of Evie:) The first text I received from her consisted of how her oldest son, who is 7, had to unbuckle Evie's carseat and help her out of their van AND roll her suitcase into the house. Then her younger son, who is 4, helped Evie into the house, all the while telling her to be really careful because it was slippery out. What little gentlemen! She had a blast, but we were both so excited to see each other!
We couldn't have asked for a better anniversary! I love Owen so much and we are so much more in love today than we were when we got married! He is such a good husband and such a good father! I couldn't have asked for a better spouse. I love you, Owen and am so grateful for everything you do for me and our family!
2 comments:
Happy anniversary!!
That's SO awesome that you got a fun little getaway and that your sweet friend took Evie for the night. And how thoughtful of her to send you pictures and updates - that totally eases my mind when my boys spend the night at my mom's house.
Poor Owen and the hot tub! Adam thought that was hilarious. Go Evie on the potty! You after finally looking pregs! Go Zayne go!
Post a Comment