One happy family

One happy family

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's a..............

BOY!!!


I don't want to be negative about this ultrasound experience, however, it definitely wasn't like Evies for more than the obvious reason :) I went in for my monthly appointment on Jan.3 and during my appointment they scheduled my ultrasound. They told me the current week was all full and that we would be looking into the next week. I was more than irritated by that because I wanted to schedule it the previous month. I convinced myself that waitng a couple days wasn't going to be a big deal. Then they told me they offer them at night now. So I thought Monday night would be perfect. That way I could make sure Owen could be there. I was thinking like 6 or 6:30 pm. They came in and told me 8:15 pm was my appointment. That's a weird time, but whatever. So, we show up at the hospital at 8:10 pm (I was early to something? I know, shocking.) But when your bladder is going to burst you hope they can get you in a tad bit early. NO SUCH LUCK. Apparently I was just thrown in with whatever ER patients were there currently. Now, I know I sound selfish - BUT it wasn't explained to me that that is what was going to be happening. SO, we didn't get into the ultrasound until 9:15. By that time Evie had already tripped and hit her head on the floor twice (poor thing) but considering the situation she did extremely well for being there that long with us :) I asked if everything looked ok and she said she wasn't allowed to tell me anything (roll my eyes) - she did tell us the gender....obviously. At first she couldn't tell because the cord was right there. She said I am 95% sure it's a girl, but she didn't sound convinced. She kept going over it, trying to get a better picture. She was asking me if I had any questions and I asked her nicely if she could please recheck the gender for me. She tried again and still couldn't get a clear shot - so she had me empty my bladder to see if baby would move. After I came back she checked again and said "I think that's a little boy in there!" You should have seen Owen's face. He had a smile from ear to ear! He asked how sure she was and she said 98%. So, the way I look at it - if we prepare for a boy and get surprised with a girl in May, I still have all of Evie's clothes - so we are set either way! I am convinced it's a boy and here are the pics we got :) Most people can't make out ultrasound pictures, but these are some pretty clear shots :









His cute little profile pic :) She got a cute one of his foot, but she didn't print that one out for me. I didn't even get a cd with the images on it. Maybe the doctor will give me one. Hopefully with our next baby, I will be able to have my old OB from Boise :)


This is the gender picture.....see between the legs, where the arrow is?


We didn't get out of there until 10:30 pm, so 11:30 pm Boise time. Sorry to everyone who was worrying :( The baby is alive and healthy (as far as we know!)

After we got home and told Evie she was going to have a baby brother, she walked up to my tummy and put her hand on it and said so sweetly "oh, baby brother. So sweet" It was the cutest thing I have ever heard! We are so excited!

1 comments:

Jana said...

Congratulations, boys are wonderful!! And that ultrasound experience sounds super lame, I'm sorry. I'm glad you had her check again at the end, and I'm glad you have a good attitude about the accuracy - either way you'll have a darling baby :).