One happy family

One happy family

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quick trip :)

We made a quick and last minute weekend trip to Boise a couple weekends ago. By last minute, I mean we decided on Wed. to leave Friday morning. Owen had a meeting he couldn't miss early Friday morning , as soon as that was over we hit the road! We arrived in Boise with enough time to eat and then hit Monkey Bizness with Evie's cousins.
They had a blast...running, jumping and playing :)

Felicity, Evie and Lilly....we were missing Ruby :(

Ok. So this slide doesn't look that big in this picture, but it was really tall! I couldn't physically help Evie up to the top, so my sister in-law, Beth did....thanks a million! Evie didn't like it that much. She went down once and that was it!

That's me at the very top, ready to go down. It was a fun slide! I went a couple of times :)

Evie loves reading. Here she is with Grandpa Ogden and Cousin Ernie reading a Disney story book :) Wish we lived closer so we could take advantage of cousin babysitting!

Evie with Cousin Reagan, Lilly and Felicity...still missing Ruby :(


Good bye hug! The next morning we headed to Adrian, OR to spend time with Owen's family!

Evie with Grandma Ogden and Cousin Felicity.

Evie with her cousin's Keegan and Macey. We were able to catch Owen's sister for a few minutes before they left his parents house for Declo, ID :)

Grandma Johnston had made cake balls and the kids had fun dipping them, sprinkling them, and of course, eating them :)





Evie LOVES suckers. If she could choose any candy, a sucker would win, hands down :)


Another fun part of Grandma and Grandpa Johnston's house is the measuring. Evie loves to get measured...she already grew from the last time they did it, just a few months ago!

Evie and Keegan playing :)



Have I ever mentioned Evie loves puzzles? I think I have :) She absolutely LOVES them! Grandma Johnston was so impressed at how well she did with this one. I think she is so good at them because she has patience, like Owen. She rarely gets frustrated. She will work and work with a piece until she finds where it goes or until it fits right. We have puzzles at the gym and because I can't bend down and help the kids with them, I ask Evie to help them - and she loves to help :) I got her a big princess floor puzzle for her birthday coming up. I predict it will be a big hit!


We had such a fun time visiting family! I want to make one more trip down before baby Zayne is born....we will see if we can fit it in! I went 10 days early with Miss Evie, so I'm hoping I will go early with this one!

0 comments: