One happy family

One happy family

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Confirmed :)


Went to the doctor today. Had my glucose test....that drink is nasty - it gave me a headache. Anyway, they did another ultrasound....and it was confirmed to be a boy!!!! I'm feeling much more at ease about this. I know it's silly, but I was really obsessing over it! This is not a clear picture at all, but my mom wanted to see it....and there is a funny story behind it. After the doctor printed the picture out, Evie just had to have it. She was looking at it and then said "we have to find the balls." She kept jabbering about a ball and balls....I don't know where she got it. Probably because the little testicles look like a ball...obviously! Anyway, she makes me laugh :) The doctor also told me our little guy is breech. I'm 28.5 weeks along. She didn't seem concerned and I asked her if he had time to turn and she said he had plenty of time. I guess I just traded one worry in for another. Guess I wouldn't be a mother if I didn't worry!

Here I am at 28.5 weeks. Finally starting the third trimester. I have only gained 23 lbs so far and hope I can keep my weight on track. I have had a weird strain in one of my stomach muscles on the right side. If I do too much it really hurts. The doctor said it's just a muscle that is being stretched and usually gets worse with each pregnancy - great, can't wait!



No, I didn't have my baby! In our ward there are 7 of us having babies between Jan and July! 5 of us are having boys and 2 are having girls. This was the first little one to be born and he is so cute! Makes me excited to have a little boy! We invited them over for dinner last week and Evie was so interested in this little guy. I told her to watch him for us and she moved her princess chair right up to him and just stared and talked to him. I think she is gonna be such a good big sister! We went to Boise a couple weekends ago and there is a future blog post coming on that one, so stay tuned :)

2 comments:

Jana said...

YAY for knowing for sure! And Evie will be a darling big sister, how fun :).

Britni Peña said...

Okay Evie at the doctors makes me laugh so hard I love that little girl!! Plus she is such a good little babysitter! :)