One happy family

One happy family

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

32 weeks

The hardest part about being pregnant is the weight gain. I struggled with it when I was pregnant with Evie....still struggling, but not as much, with this one. Partly because I know I can lose it because I have done it before!
This was a picture of me at the top of my fitness game :) This was taken in July, a few months before I got pregnant. It's depressing to know that I used to look like this. Now, I look like.........this:


This is me at 32 weeks. I have gained a total of 24 lbs. I'm down quite a bit at this point in the game, than I was when I was pregnant with Evie. I have started seeing the doctor every 2 weeks and my last appointment I hadn't gained any weight. I was shocked. There was never an appointment with Evie that I hadn't gained at least a couple pounds. They said since everything was measuring right on, it didn't matter that I hadn't gained anything. This last appointment I had only gained 1 lb! A lady at the gym tonight commented that just within the last few weeks, every time she sees me, it seems like my tummy has grown.....I can tell as well. And it really doesn't matter when people tell you that you are all baby, or that you are small and cute.....I don't feel it. I am definitely feeling like a large marge right about now! I also asked my doctor at this last appointment how soon they let you get an epidural when you go into labor. She said they like you to be at least a 3 or 4....yikes! I was only at a 1.5 when I got to the hospital with Evie and I thought I was going to die from the pain. However, they gave me my epidural as soon as I got there because my water had broken at home, so they knew I was going to be having the baby. She was surprised at how fast I had gone with Evie because she was my first baby so she said I could get it as soon as possible so I didn't go too fast and not be able to get it. That calmed my fears quite a bit, because I have been working myself up into a frenzy about labor with this little guy :) I also asked if there was any correlation between going 10 days early with Evie and my chances of going early with Zayne.....her answer "none." RATS! Guess we have a few more weeks and we will find out! Can you tell I'm ready to have this baby already? :)


In other parts of our lives - I will only be working for one more month! Woo hoo! I've been working in the kids center at the gym for over a year now and I'm ready to be done :) Owen has been getting busier with work and it's sad to not have him around as much :( He has a couple of his own customers this year, since last year he was basically training, so we are hoping this will come with a little more mulah (why does it seem so hard to be content with what we have)! I am also looking forward to General Conference this weekend. I love being able to listen to a prophets voice and feel so incredibly blessed to have the opportunity!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are looking good emily! You're a cute preggo mom :)