One happy family

One happy family

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Room make over

I'm not big into decorating. Never have been. However, our room was in major need of some new decor :) The previous bedding we had was probably 2 years old...not sure. That's how long it had been! Anyway, because we are renting and can't paint ( it's a nice excuse for me because frankly, I hate painting. I don't really have the desire to do it. It's tedious and I don't have the patience nor the time for it.) So, I decided to pick a color scheme that would go with my bland, blinding, white walls. Grey and black! Our bedroom furniture is black and I found this super cute duvet set from Target for pretty cheap. The sheets are a dark grey and they are microfiber. These are the best sheets I have ever slept on! Seriously, super soft and they were on sale at Target! I got the whole set up for $50.00. I normally wouldn't mention a cost, but thanks to my Mom and Dad's Christmas present - my gift card covered all of it! I found the curtains at Ross for super cheap and it pulls it all in so well :) Last, but not least, I love the black and white pictures above the bed! The last one is blank and as Evie has been saying: "there's one picture left....it's for baby shane (zayne)" So cute :) I would like to get a little quote to put above the pictures....we will see.


This is a picture of our master bathroom. I am putting this up because I had multiple requests from people a year ago to put up pictures of our new place here in Washington...so here ya go, a little at a time and just over a year later :) In any case, I LOVE this color of green. This is the color I want to do in Zayne's room.

People are usually surprised at how big our place is. It looks small from the outside, but it has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms and a very nice, big kitchen....granite counters in all bathrooms and the kitchen has stainless steel appliances. It had never been lived in, so we were the first renters - which appealed to us as well. It also has a 2 car garage. All in all, I really enjoy living in this place. It will be the perfect size for all 4 of us :)

This is a picture of our closet in our bedroom. Again, I wouldn't normally post a picture of this, BUT I must be nesting because I organized the whole closet and took all of the clothes that no longer fit me :( and put them in a box. All of the clothes hanging are maternity clothes, and yes, I STILL feel like I have nothing to wear! I also organized and cleaned out our upstairs hall closet - but I will not bore you with a picture of that, mainly, because I didn't feel the need to document it in picture form :)

I have been busy this week with Evie's birthday celebrations and working every day. I am one tired pregnant lady! Next up - pics of Evie's big day (s) :)










0 comments: