One happy family

One happy family

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

This was Evie on Saturday morning. I found her Easter basket from last year and she was sooo excited :)

We attended one of our best friends birthday party Saturday afternoon. It was at a gymnastics place and it was so fun! It made me wish I wasn't pregnant so I could have played on the stuff! There was too much jumping and swinging and what not for a 34 week pregnant lady. But Evie had fun!



This is Evie waiting in line for the rope swing...........

This is said 34 week pregnant mommy trying to help her 3 year old swing on the rope.....didn't work out so well ;) She still thought it was fun! After the birthday party, I attended a baby shower for one of my other best friends up here! AFTER that we came home and dyed Easter eggs with our friends!!! They each did 2 eggs each....that was the perfect amount...not too messy and not too many left over eggs! ( I was very tired by the end of Saturday!)

Here are the girls coloring on their eggs with crayon before dying them.

They were super excited!

Here are Evie's two eggs...........both similar colors :) Hey, whatever floats her boat!

We only had church for one hour on Sunday and it was moved from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm...Our building is being remodeled and it wasn't ready by Sunday so they had to reschedule the church meetings in town to accomodate 3 extra wards between 2 buildings. SO, we did Evie's Easter basket and egg hunt before church. Here she is with her loot :)

Here she is finding the eggs around the house...she loved it :)



She wanted to accessorize the duck she got in her Easter basket with some of the play jewelery she got from Grandma and Grandpa O's Easter package! She makes me smile :)

Ready for church! I told her she couldn't bring her Easter basket to church...couldn't talk her out of the duck, though!

Daddy and Evie



Attempted family picture...........................turned out about as good as expected ;) We were invited several places for Easter lunch/dinner. We went with our good friends to their grandparents house. Thanks, Annie - for a delicious dinner and to your family for always being so hospitable to us!!!!


I am so grateful for the most important reason for Easter. I'm grateful for my knowledge of the Savior, that he lived and died for us and rose the third day. Because of Him and his sacrifice for me, I am able to live with my family for Eternity. I posted a video from one of my favorite apostles and one of my favorite talks about Easter and Our Savior...if you have 4 minutes, take a minute to watch it.



1 comments:

Jana said...

I'm pretty sure that schedule on Saturday would have made ME exhausted, and I'm not pregnant anymore! But it looked way fun, and I'm glad you had such a nice Easter. Cute family picture, you look GREAT!!