One happy family

One happy family

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Remainder of our summer!

We usually end up going to Roaring Springs once a summer. This year Evie and I went with my sisters and cousins! Evie LOVES this place and loves all of the rides - except some of the extreme ones ;)







One day after church I caught Zayne wearing evie's church high heeled sandals. lol!



Sometimes these boys have so much fun together! This happenedt to be one of those times!! 




I mentioned earlier that the kids liked zucchini in bread...and that's about it! Here is how I found Evie one day - getting ready to dig into a huge loaf of Zucchini bread! I had to snap a picture before I took all of it away, minus one slice. LOL!

The boys LOVE their Gator. They insisted on riding it most days during the summer. Even when it was insanely hot. This morning they decided to get going early....half dressed and wearing his new Star Wars underwear and of course his trusty sidekick, little brother! 

There is a family that lived behind us at our old house before we moved. Our kids got along GREAT! They ended up moving a couple days after we did. They are building another house in the neighborhood as well. We can't wait until we can all be back together! The kids have been missing each other!

Colton takes it upon himself to steal anything that anybody owns. This most definitely includes Evie's and Zayne's toys. He decided this Koala bear was his, not Evie's. Luckily she is kind enough to share. He was pretty obsessed with this "baby" for a while....it was pretty cute to watch!



This little guy also loves corn. Apparently he wanted it one day for breakfast. LOL!


We had the pool to ourselves one evening. Here is Colton watching his older cousin jump to his daddy.....



He's got such a cute smile!


This is a picture of the house we are building. Except we added a bonus room to the upstairs so there will be an additional room above the garage.


I found a Star Wars umbrella on clearance at Target so Colton got Zayne's old Ninja Turtle one. Naturally the boys had to try it out at the first sign of rain!! 
We sure love these kiddos! Zayne won't keep his fingers out of his nose lately.....lol!



We wanted to live up the pool life for as long as possible. We met some friends in our ward one day. Zayne and this little boy play really well together. 


The beginning of August brought the design gallery meeting so we could pick out all of the stuff for our new house! 

We pretty much knew what we wanted. So we were able to do the 2 appts. in 1. These are the finishes we chose.... Except I wasn't crazy about the upstairs bathroom choices...as far as counter top and flooring was concerned...so I settled, but the more I thought about it, the more I absolutely HATED them. I decided to go back and take more time to weigh my options...Owen was in a hurry the day we went so I decided to bring my friend with me this time. She knows my style and taste very well....


and I ended up with exactly what I wanted! 


This is a better picture of the quartz we chose. I wanted to see a full slab of it so I could get a better idea; sometimes its hard to tell from a small sample. Anyway, I love it!! I think it will look so good against he bright white cabinets that we chose!



The kids had been begging to go get a snow cone. I kept telling them I would take them before school started. And wouldn't you know, we ended up going the weekend before it started!! We had Lilly over that weekend for a sleepover so she got to join us!






We had to rush over to get Zayne and Colton's haircut after the snow cone stop!! Turned out super cute!!


I love being a counselor in the primary because I get to be in there with Evie and Zayne!! And I get to see funny things - like this one...Evie put her fur jacket over her head. I couldn't stop laughing and I didn't even tell her to take it off because nobody else even seemed phased by it. lol!!


The day before school started we were lucky enough to witness the great eclipse!! I attached their glasses to these paper plates to make it easier for them!


It was a pretty cool experience. Even our shadows looked different! I was so afraid of everyone burning their retinas out because it had been talked about so much that I'm sad to say it wasn't as enjoyable as it probably could have been. At the time I didn't realize that us being at 98% totality wasn't QUITE the same as 100%...so I'm wishing we would have driven to Ontario to watch it with Owen..Oh well..it was still pretty neat. It got pretty dark at our house.


apparently this is what we missed!!


My kids being cute after our Costco run!


The first day of school for these two!! Evie 3rd grade:


and Zayne, Kindergarten: 


He had an awesome first day!! 


We got some pretty big zucchini!




This little guy loves Star Wars!


Evie's little dramatic pose ;)


Mid August we got an offer on our house!! We felt so blessed. It was on the market for 36 days. We were set to close on September 12th.


This is an aerial view of our new lot. It's on the very corner....


We had quite the roller coaster trying to find a place to live while our house was being built. We knew my parents were a last resort, given the distance.  We found a duplex in Caldwell that was about 10 min away. It was a 2bd. 2 bath about 900 sqft. We were almost set to take it when the property manager emailed me and said they were actually in the process of buying the property to rent it out. They were experiencing some issues with the appraisal on it so basically we needed to keep looking. We were down to 2 weeks before closing. It looked like we were going to have to move in with my parents. I finished my workout one morning and decided to check FB really quickly. When I got on I immediately saw this in my FB feed: 


I called on it right away. I went and looked at it the next night. There were 8 people that were supposed to go the same time as I was but only 2 of us showed up. I thought for sure they wouldn't rent it to us for 6 months over someone that would want to sign a year lease. As it turned out the owner was still trying to sell it while they rented it. So the least amount of time rented is a sooner chance to get it sold. Or something like that ;) So we landed it! Its not ideal by any means. It;s only 2 bedroom and that has proven very difficult with Colton. But it works. It's in downtown Middleton, which is like 3 minutes from the elementary school and allows us the opportunity to constantly check on our new build!! We feel like it was a tender mercy of the Lord. It really has worked out so perfectly!! It's so nice to have that assurance that the Lord loves us and knows what we need. 


0 comments: