One happy family

One happy family

Monday, October 16, 2017

Mid summer

This is the lot we picked to build our new home on! You can't see it really well, but it's kitty corner from the clubhouse and pool! It's on a corner lot and we are so excited! We should have double the backyard that we had in our last house! 

This is the site plan for our house. I have no idea how to read it but Owen does! lol!

This was our listing!

More fun at the pool! More of Colton just sitting on the side lines :) Actually I'm ok with my child not being fascinated by water. 


Zayne giving me a cheesy smile!!


Owen found some riding gear at garage sale earlier in the season. Zayne is never super excited to go riding with daddy. But I know he liked wearing all of this gear!


Colton is one intense little guy! This is just one of the many times he insisted on brushing his teeth all by himself....





One morning, upon waking, Colton demanded his toast, all 3 water bottles, his Thomas the Train chair, all of his John Deere Tractors and Curious George. How could I NOT deliver with that cute little smile!!



Towards the middle and end of the swimming season it wasn't unusual for us to be one of the only people at the pool!! We always took advantage of that opportunity!


Our summer fun was halted when Evie had some sort of reaction to some sunblock she used while over at her cousins house. It was really bad. Like all over bad. It probably would have been better had she not had sunblock on at all. These pictures don't even bring justice to the seriousness of the situation. This poor girl. She basically broke out in hives all over her limbs and her face. Her trunk, which was where her swimsuit covered, was the only thing not covered. She itched like crazy. She couldn't sleep for several nights. It was really, really bad :(









The kids managed to make a fort during their stay in doors. I didn't want Evie out in the sun for a week or so.


Owen had a bad 4 wheeling accident one Saturday. He didn't make it very far before he rolled his 4 wheeler and was thrown off of it. So glad he was wearing a helmet. He walked away with minor scratches and bruises. I'm really glad Zayne wasn't with him that time, although maybe if he had been he wouldn't have been going so fast. Just glad he wasn't seriously injured.


Colton just wanted to wear my sunglasses one day :)


I smashed my finger pretty hard over the summer. I was getting ready to lift weights out in our garage. I was trying to raise the bench press bar up so I could squat with it. One of the sides started to slip down so I tried to grab it and somehow I lost control of it and it slammed down on my finger. There was probably 80lbs on it. I didn't realize at first what had happened because it happened so quickly. Then I realized that there was blood shooting out everywhere. I'm such a baby, I couldn't even look at it without freaking out. I called my friend that lived down the street and she came over and fixed me up. It didn't end up as bad as I thought. It basically just shaved a deep amount of skin off of my finger. It was swollen pretty big for several weeks. Glad I didn't chop my finger off!


We went out to the desert one evening so daddy could shoot a new gun he had gotten. I couldn't believe how blonde Colton's hair looked so I had to snap a few pictures!





Towards the end of July, beginning of August, our garden started wildly growing zucchini!! The kids LOVED watching and picking it! They didn't love eating it, however, unless it was zucchini bread :) At one point I heard Zayne exclaim excitedly, "evie, this is so amazin'!"



Owen started a weight loss journey back in March. He has lost 50 lbs total so far. I knew this man had made a life change when he started getting into green smoothies! I can't even choke them down, but he drinks them religiously! So proud of him for being so dedicated!



Just when Evie was pretty much healing up she broke out again. My sister thought I had said a certain sunscreen was alright to use, when I actually had said to not put any on her and I would be buying the kind I know she can use (because we had run out) Anyway, 2nd verse, same as the first. Except this time I knew what I needed to do to get rid of it quickly. Again, she spent a night or two awake most hours because of the immense itching. 



We went to the Roller drome with the family one day to get out of the heat! The kids had lots of fun!









This was more from our garden. I don't know if these were pumpkins, watermelon, or cantaloupe. I want to say pumpkin because we actually grew quite a few of them! Zayne was so sad to leave them when we moved.



A beautiful sunset I caught one night. 


We also went to Chuck E Cheese one day. Zayne hates that place because he is very afraid of Chuck E. 






We went and visited my grandma as well. I sure love that lady. My heart breaks for her. I know she would rather be in Heaven with my grandpa and her twin sister. But she endures on, even though her quality of life is not the best. She is a wonderful example to me. She always has been. The kids love going to visit Grandma Great and they never forget to pray for her. 



A sweet picture of my mom putting my grandma's hair in curlers for her.


This girl loves pink, in case you have forgotten ;)




0 comments: