So it's almost the middle of October and I'm just now catching up on the beginning of summer! Oh, how I'm already missing that time of year! It's safe to say that Spring and Summer are my absolute favorite times of the year. I love sunshine!! Fall feels so sad with everything dying and the weather getting colder. But nonetheless, here we are :)
This was the last day of school. Evie loves summer just as much as I do and she was SO excited to get out of school for the year!! I can't believe she is a 3rd grader now! She was awarded "best dancer" in her class!! I wish you could have seen her at her Christmas concert. She did not stop moving for the whole 4 or 5 songs they sang!! She has got some energy and we sure love it!!!
Here are me and the kids resting after a really long day. I can't remember what we had done but I thought Evie might enjoy the movie The Parent Trap. Its fun introducing all of my old favorites to the kids!! She did like it and Zayne just kept asking when they were going to "trap the parents?" After so many failed attempts of trying to explain it to him, I just ended up letting him believe what he had been thinking all along! 5 year olds; so literal ;)
I got a crazy hankering to paint my bedroom furniture. I only had been talking and dreaming about it for several years now. Not sure what suddenly sparked a fire under me!! They used to be black with the stained wood top. I'm sure you could have only guessed that I would have painted them white!! They turned out so pretty!! I was pretty impressed with myself. Owen was doubtful at first. I told him while he was at work and I could hear it in his voice; he was expecting it to turn out horribly ;)
It was a long project. I think it took me 3 or 4 days total to get it done. That's probably why I kept putting it off before!
I painted the dresser inside, which actually turned out just fine.
While I was at it I decided to spray paint my full length mirror. I love the fresh feeling of the color mint, so naturally that's what I decided to go with!
I absolutely LOVED how it all turned out!!! When Owen came home after I had painted the dresser he was very impressed with how it turned out!!! Guess he won't doubt me next time, right?!
Zayne loves his Gator!! This was a cute picture of him helping me pick up a package at my friends house down the road while they were out of town!!!
The first few weeks of summer were really rough for this kid. He got a bad cold and was totally gooped up and not draining well. We have a friend that is a PA so he took a look at him when he wasn't getting better. He had a ruptured ear drum. After several weeks of antihistamines, his eardrum healed up and he was all better! He still preferred to stay out of the pool most of the summer. I have come to learn that Colton is my more difficult child...not sure if it's because he's the 3rd or because he is so stubborn, but he's still pretty cute soooo ;)
I had a wonderful birthday week!! Owen got me this amazing bright yellow cruiser bike and boy was I in love with it!!! Best birthday present ever!!
I celebrated my birthday with 3 of my closest friends!! We all live within a street of each other and go out frequently for girls nights together!! We have so much fun!! This night was no exception! Went to the Cheesecake factory and laughed like crazy!!
On my actual birthday we met with some of my family at Golden Star in Boise. They have the best Chinese food!!! I was lucky enough to be able to spend it with my dad, with whom I share a birthday with!!! The big 32 and 67!!
That night was our monthly Bunco night with some gals in my ward!! Fiesta themed! Me and one of my best friends, Michelle! We just happen to dress opposite of each other - we honestly had no clue until we saw each other there!
The next day Owen took off so we could spend time as a family and celebrate my birthday (i'm telling you, it was a whole weeks worth of celebrations!!) We went to Ihop, which we then realized was not as good as we remembered :)
This little man sure is cute!
After breakfast we went to Lowes and got stuff for our garden boxes. That was something I've been wanting to do for quite some time!!! The kids were so excited, too!! Everyone helped plant the seeds.
It was probably one of my best birthday's yet!! So grateful for a loving husband and family. I feel very blessed to have them in my life!


























0 comments:
Post a Comment