One happy family

One happy family

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Random end of summer pics

This summer seems to have flown by! It's hard to believe that Owen has already been at his new job for over a month now! We are so grateful for this opportunity. I still feel like we have to have faith in Heavenly Fathers plan for our family because this job is a base plus commission. So basically the sky's the limit - well in theory, so it will take a while to really have an idea about what a. Years salary will look like. We aren't in a position to move out of my parents any time soon because we would like to save up some money. So we are still in limbo, but just a different kind of limbo! We need to figure out where good schools are and then look for housing around those areas, but I'm not sure I want to move Evie in the middle of the school year. So we will see. Still stressful, just a different kind of stress!


Anyway, I love thrift store shopping! At DI a while back Evie found this shirt and it was only $1.00 she convinced me that it would match her fleece St. Patricks Day Jammie pants she found there several months before! I told her she could only wear it to bed and on St. Patricks Day! It's actually pretty cute on her :)



This is Grandpa Johnston pretending to bite Evie's fingers - he did this to Zayne, but it was his toes, when we went to Roaring Springs on The 4th of July. Zayne thought it was pretty funny. Zayne has been pretending to eat peoples fingers now because he thought it was so funny :) Grandpa Johnston is quite the jokester; now I know where Owen gets it!


Evie when she wakes up in the morning; curly hair problems!


We went to The Cheesecake Factory for National Cheesecake Day. Half off any piece of a Cheesecake and it was delicious! You know what's not so delicious? Half digested cheesecake thrown up all over your child's crib....yeah, that was disgusting! That started our little sick spell the end of July and first part of August. Poor Evie had it the worst.


This was the next week when we got half priced milkshakes at sonic! You know what's not so yummy? Partially digested strawberry slushy with nerds - that was courtesy of poor Evie :( it was only a 12 hour thing, thank goodness! Owen and I never threw up, but had several days of horrible waves of nausea. It reminded me of how it felt to be pregnant - I might be second guessing having a third child because of this recent illness!




That face just makes my heart melt - I love that kid!


We went to Roaring Springs with the cousins one last time and as usual - Evie loved the family Rudd and Zayne hated everything...




So Zayne and I sat in the shade most of the time spent there :) he's pretty cute, so it was ok!



These two like to ride their bikes :) or in this case Evie pulling Zayne in the wagon WITH her bike. The helmets were completely their ideas :) Evie first, and Zayne loves to do whatever Evie does!


Apparently the vacuum is too loud for Evie ;)

I love being a mom! I'm very lucky to be able to stay at home with them. I couldn't think of anything else I would rather do!


Evie's face is my favorite in this picture above!!!


My mom brought this construction toy home from DI one day and Zayne LOVED it!!


My mom and I took the kids to Chuck e Cheese the week before school started. I had been promising to take Evie before school started and they had tons of fun :) AND Zayne looks like a little new kids on the block member in this little card from Chuck E Cheese!!




Love these two!



I've been wanting to make a jewelry board for several years now, and I finally did it!!! Thanks to the. Help of my dad and Owen, I got it all finished! Bad lighting, but it looks better in person :)


And I've been wanting a ring holder for my bathroom! I found this one at World Market and painted the top part light blue! I love how it turned out :) I'm a crafter at heart. I might not do a project the best way or smartest way, but I do whatever it takes to get it done how I want it done!!


It's been a fun and busy summer. I'm not looking forward to Fall or Winter; I LOVE the sun and I will miss it terribly when it's gone :(

0 comments: