One happy family

One happy family

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First day of Kindergarten!

Evie started Kindergarten this week! I still can't believe she is old enough to be in elementary school :( the Sunday night before school started, we measured her on our family growth chart - she has grown almost a whole inch since the beginning of May. Craziness! Owen also gave her a Father's Priesthood blessing, which my dad always did for us. If anything - it helped calm my nerves as her mother! We went and met her teacher last Friday and she was so nervous she wouldn't even speak :( I've never NOT heard this child talk! So I was a little nervous.



But she did so well on her first day! She went right in and had library first thing - the librarian happens to be in our ward, and had substituted in primary quite a few times this summer, she also was my primary teacher when I was Evie's age! Evie was pretty excited that the librarian knew her already :)









I was actually quite surprised at all of the diversity that was found in the class - but I love it! I'm so excited for Evie to be able to be introduced to different cultures and to realize that everybody is different and that that is what makes life so amazing !




And what better way to end the day of your first day of Kindergarten?! Popcorn with your little brother, on your sleeping bags, all while watching Max and Ruby :) 

0 comments: