We have been enjoying the warm summer evenings lately! The other night Evie invented her own type of covered wagon! The kids had hours of fun with it! Evie even brought out a pillow and a blanket! These two actually fight quite a bit - but this was not like that at all. No screaming at each other or hitting, etc. lots of laughter came out of this situation :)
We went to the local pool, that is just down the road, the other night and Zayne was pretty timid of the water, just like he usually is. And then he discovered the little slide and he was in heaven! He just kept going down it, over and over again! He loved it! On our way out he spotted the two big drop off slides and made a big gasp, kind of like, he couldn't believe his eyes! A humongous water slide?! Maybe in a lot of future years, buddy!
He spotted these Disney plush toys at JC Penny! I love the joy on his face in this top picture!
We took the kids to IHOP for dinner on Friday night and Evie tried each of the syrup, one by one, while closing her eyes? Guess she didn't get the memo about plugging her nose ;) so naturally, Zayne had to follow suit:
He loves to mimic the things that Evie does - it's pretty cute!
Our side of the table
And thier side of the table :)
The night before my birthday we got together with our dear friends, my sister and her husband, and Owen's brother and his wife for dinner at Famous Dave's to celebrate me! My niece watched the kids for us. The above pictures are the results of trying to get two toddlers, that are 3 weeks apart, to look at the camera, at the same time, and look half way decent! I finally got a good one on the last shot! Fun cousins!
I turned 29 this year! Last year in my 20's. I'm ok with growing older. I wouldn't want to relive my life up until this point, so I'll just keep moving forward; like I have any other choice?! I was born on my dad's birthday and it has always been a special thing to share! He's a great dad and I couldn't think of a better person to share my special day with!
Evie loves selfies! It's my birthday selfie, I guess ;)
Owen made my cake - berry poke cake! Turned out delicious! My mom made my dad an applesauce cake, which also turned out delicious! My dad turned 64 this year!
I had a great birthday! My family all asked what I wanted and I told them a long necklace with an owl hanging on it and I ended up getting two different ones! I had a great birthday filled with lots of love :) glad I got to spend it with those who care about me! I think this is going to be a great year!!
So Owen had an interview in Twin Falls this past week. This is a picture I sent to Owen a few minutes before his interview - Evie giving thumbs up and Zayne giving his fingers up ;) this company liked him so much that they flew him to Denver for a corporate interview on Thursday. I should clarify that he had two different phone interviews the week before and then they had him go to twin falls, and then Denver. He interviewed with 5 different people and they had him take an IQ test, while he was in Denver. Talk about pressure! He did great, though! The HR lady told Owen that he received the highest score that she had ever seen since working for this company. It was a test with 40 questions and you have 12 minutes to take it. He got a score of 34. I guess it's the test they give the NFL players. Anyway, I was very proud of him! We are supposed to hear back this week sometime. They already asked for references, so hopefully this is the job! If he gets it, I will explain more of what he will be doing. Until then - pray for us and wish us luck!



















0 comments:
Post a Comment