A couple of Sundays ago my Grandma and Grandpa Haberman came to visit for the afternoon. She made her famous scones :) They are SO good!! She learned to make them from her mother - so my great grandmother - who I am named after :) I can't explain how good of a person my grandmother is. She is so incredibly Christ like. Her and my grandfather took care of their son, who choked on milk several hours after birth and resulted in having Cerebral Palsy, for 45 years, because he could not take care of himself. Some people wondered why they never just put him in a home. It's because they are two of the most loving people I know. They have suffered many days in their old age, from what I would assume, is wear and tear on their bodies from lifting and carrying their son every day for 45 years. Their love extends way beyond family. I remember growing up and seeing the example of my grandmother, tirelessly visiting the sick and afflicted. She served those around her by taking in meals and helping wherever and however she could. She is ALWAYS thinking about other people and always assumes the good in others. I try to talk to her regularly by phone. One of the last times I talked to her I asked her how her eyes were doing. She said "oh, not so good, hunny. But you know, I have one good eye, and isn't that wonderful?!" It made me stop dead in my tracks and realize how ungrateful I have been for all of the blessings in my life. I probably would have been bitter that I was blind in one eye. But she sees the glass as half full. I am so grateful that I have had these examples in my life. I am a better person because of it and I truly believe my grandmother is a gift from Heaven :)
Zayne had a smile on his face for Grandma Great :)The raised dough, in all it's glory!
Frying them up :)
The finished results....they were delicious! We had all sorts of toppings. My favorite was the cinnamon and sugar mixture :) Evie loved it too! She ate it all up. Surprise, surprise! This girl knows how to eat :)
So we were missing 5 great grandchildren. My brother and his family were taking family pictures that day and the other cousin didn't want to be in the picture.
I love this silly face picture. It makes me smile!

0 comments:
Post a Comment