One happy family

One happy family

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Don't go borrowing trouble" - My Mom

OK! Here I am at 36 weeks and 1 day :) I had my appointment on Tuesday and left feeling............stressed, nervous - something like that. It started out with 6 pounds gained in 2 weeks :( UGH!!! Although, I'm pretty sure it was a lot of water weight because I had a pretty bad weekend with food and not drinking enough water and retaining so much water that Sunday morning I woke up with the ugliest, fattest feet I have EVER seen! I guess Mexican food on Friday night, lots of sweets and heat on Saturday and a hamburger and french fries for late dinner on Saturday night don't make a good combo ;) Like my friend said "You were asking for it!" ANYWAY, I have still only gained 31 pounds so far.........still less than I was with Evie at this time!
The doctor then checked to see if I had any progress going on......none. Which is fine, I still have a month left, whatever - not a big deal. Then she measures my stomach and looks at my chart and starts saying something about me being really small and Evie being pretty small so the baby will probably just be on the smaller side and then she says "I would like to order an ultrasound, just to be safe." Um, what?! Apparently I am measuring small, but she didn't tell me what I was measuring at. I reminded her that my last appointment 2 weeks ago she had told me that I was measuring right on! She looks back at her chart confused looking and says something like "oh, yeah, you were...well, that gives me even more of a reason to check." Ok...thanks Dr. She says he could have just dropped really low in my pelvis so the measurement might be off.....THEN I remind her of her comment about him being breech at 28 weeks and so she starts feeling around...and says "I think that's a head at the top, but it could be his bottom...it's so hard to tell. This ultrasound will tell us that too." Of course, I ask what the options are if he does happen to be breech and she explains the manual turning thing, but if it doesn't take, then he would have to be born c-section because it's too dangerous to deliver a vaginal breech baby. You can imagine why I left the doctors office basically bawling my eyes out....The doctor seemed so calm and collected - of course, I didn't feel the same. So, I have an ultrasound set for next Tuesday - when I will be 37 weeks, considered full term, and I'm not really sure what they are looking for. Nothing like making a pregnant woman freak out. According to my mother, I was breech up until a week before I was born...and I have heard other stories like that, so there is still hope - if Zayne is breech. I'm much more concerned about the possibility of the breech situation over the measuring small. I'm sure he is growing and developing just fine. I told Owen, and not to offend anyone in Moses Lake, that the next baby I have will NOT be here. I had a most wonderful OBGYN in Boise and I am determined to make it back to him someday (sounds like a creepy love affair...but really. He was so great!) I'm grateful for a level headed husband, mother, sisters and friends who have helped to keep me grounded and encouraged!  If anyone is reading this - keep us in your thoughts and prayers and hope for a positive ultrasound result next Tuesday!

0 comments: