Here I am at just over 24 weeks along. Went to the doctor today and told them my whole story from my 20 week ultrasound and they felt bad about the whole situation, so they offered to take a quick peak at the baby to see if we could come to a better conclusion on the sex of the baby. Guess what?! The cord was right, smack dab in between the legs :( She said "well, now I know why the technician had problems seeing things." I saw it with my own eyes. The legs were wide open and stretched out....and then a big blockage over the private parts. I could possibly drive myself nuts with this one! This darn baby better move it next month! The doctor said she would check again for me next month. That's when I get my glucose test, so maybe the baby will be all hopped up on sugar and moving around like crazy! My friends want to throw me a baby shower....I told them they will have to decorate with question marks...... :)
My body is starting to feel the effects of the 20+ pounds I have gained thus far. My back, hip and feet are hurting. I finally decided to go to the chiropractor and it has helped quite a bit. I can at least walk at the end of the night as opposed to before. It only hurts when I have been standing or walking a lot. I am starting to get big in the belly which makes my pregnancy very noticeable...no more people thinking I'm just fat (whew!)The growing belly also makes it harder to put my shoes on, wash my face at night, help Evie with anything that involves her being on the floor, helping kids at the gym that are on the floor............anything that involves bending down :( I still have 15 weeks left of this! Oh boy...what am I gonna do? Send out some good vibes to this baby for next doctors appointment - I think we are gonna need it!
Thursday, February 2, 2012
24 Weeks
Posted by Emily and Owen Johnston at 4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Seriously, I would go crazy. This baby better be super cooperative (like sleep through the night right away!!) after he/she is born to make up for his/her lack of cooperation right now!
That crazy baby! I can't believe you are already having back and hip issues-- you still have 3+ months to go! Hang in there and make Owen massage your back every night!
I was telling Owen the other day that I was afraid this was a foreshadowing of baby's personality....I don't like this idea of defiance so early on :) And Owen has been very good at massage since I started having pain. I'm pretty lucky in that regard :)
Post a Comment