I made Evie close her eyes for a "BIG SURPRISE"....... She loves yelling "surprise!" so I thought this would be fun for her.

She opened her eyes and saw..........

Our first snowfall of the year!!! She loved it :) After this picture we went inside to get her coat....she refused to come back in. I think she could have stayed out there for quite awhile, even though there really wasn't that much snow!!

My friends roped me into doing The Moses Lake 5k Turkey Trot. I started running a few months before I got pregnant and have been able to keep up on it pretty well, so I didn't think it would be too hard! Besides for the fact that it was FREEZING, I think I did well for being in my 15th week of pregnancy. I ran the whole thing in close to 33 or 34 min. I haven't gotten the recorded time yet, but it was good enough for me! The above picture is proof of my husbands picture taking skills.....give me a heads up, Owen!! My face says it all..............."what are you doing? Wait! I'm not ready yet!"

Our little group! I'm grateful for friends that motivate me and worry about me :) I didn't go to the gym for 2 days in a row and I wasn't texting back or calling back as quickly or as normally as I usually do (2 sleepless nights in a row made me feel incredibly sick and yucky) They were afraid something had happend to me! I heart them :) On a side note - I'm grateful for a healthy body that functions normally, most of the time :) This is the first 5k I have ran since my high school cross country years which was a long time ago! I'm also proud of myself, because as of a couple months ago, I can do a real push up - like 3 sets of 10 reps, no problem!! It feels good to see your self getting stronger!
The day before the race I decided to try my hand at cinnamon rolls. My mom has the most amazing recipe and Owen absolutely loves them~ plus we were going to have them after the race with hot cocoa! I decided to double the recipe....oh my! What an idea! There was dough and flour every where. It was like a scene out of "I Love Lucy"

That is just a glimpse of the mess that hit my kitchen that day!!!!

Once the dough raised and I rolled it out, it was the most beautiful dough I have ever seen - mainly because I slaved so hard over making it :)

The finished product! I need to practice making frosting still. I don't make it that often, so I'm not that good at it. Everyone thought they were really good! I had a second batch that I put in the oven just before work on Friday night. I set the timer and asked Owen to PLEASE take them out when it went off.....I get home and they are dark brown, burnt! I was so mad! *Side note: don't ever ask Owen to take anything out of the oven unless I am there to supervise, in which case it would just be better if I did it!* Oh, well. This turned out to be plenty!
I feel silly that in my post about motherhood, I failed to mention my own amazing mother. I learn so much from her. I am very close to my mother and it is very rare to go more than a couple days with out talking to her! I'm grateful for her love and support and for her strong testimony of the gospel. I feel extremely blessed to have a mother in-law as loving and kind as she is. She also has a very strong testimony and feel blessed to have that background in both mine and Owen's life. Both are always thinking of others, especially their children and grand children. I hope to someday be as wonderful of a mother as these two special ladies are :) Love you guys!
2 comments:
Congratulations on finishing the 5K! How awesome. And you might need to post that recipe!!!
Those cinnamon rolls look amazing! I would definitely run a 5k to earn one :).
Post a Comment