As I reflect on where I was last year at this time, I realize just how much I have grown spiritually. Last year at this time Owen recieved a job offer in Washington and I knew our lives were going to change. I was very ingrateful for this opportunity. I couldn't see the blessing in it, even though anybody else looking in on our situation would call me crazy. We were finally going to have a job after 14 months of unemployment. This 2010 October conference talk by President Monson helped me put my situation in to perspective. I am so grateful for a living prophet and his council to me personally.
Since moving here I have made several, very close friends that do not share my same beliefs. These friends have observed my life style and watch the things I do and say and in turn have asked me questions about the gospel. I have never really had this opportunity before and it is amazing how much joy has been brought into my life and the life of our little family just by doing small missionary work. I am singing in church next week and I have invited my friends to attend. They are all very excited to share this experience with me! I have chosen to sing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." This is one of my all time favorite songs and I couldn't think of any other song that expresses what we, as members of the church, believe.
I have been so richly blessed in my life. I know the trials are far from over, but I know that The Lord always has a plan for our family - even when WE can't see it. Through out this month I am going to try and focus my posts on the things I am grateful for. Also, if you have a chance, watch this conference talk - It is very fitting for this month of Thanksgiving :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment