One happy family

One happy family

Monday, November 10, 2008

Trip to Montana and Wyoming!








Last week Owen and I traveled through Wyoming and Montana! We drove over 2,000 miles roundtrip. It was a long drive but we had so much fun together! We had to drive through or actually around West Yellowstone because the park was closed due to weather. On the way up there were some snowy parts but for the most part the roads were clear. On the way home was another story! We were actually past West Yellowstone and just past Island Park, ID when the back of the truck started fish tailing and we slid back and forth across the road like a pin ball until we finally ended with the front bumper in the ditch on the opposite side of the road. Luckilly there were no cars coming toward us and nobody was hurt! We weren't stuck at all and the truck backed right out of the ditch. Anyway it was pretty scary to say the least! I insisted that Owen NOT travel back up that way for the rest of the winter. I snapped some beautiful scenery pictures while we were driving!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, Em! That is terrifying! Brandon used to have a job where he had to do a lot of driving all over the Northwest too and I would go with him on trips. We were going up to U of I and we were fishtailing all over too. Someone in front of us spun off the road. And I was pregnant, like you! Those were fun days.

But be careful, you three!

Angie said...

Beautiful! I love that part of the country.