One happy family

One happy family

Thursday, July 27, 2017

May Madness!

I joined a church Bunco group a year ago and I instantly fell in love with it! If you know me, you know I love playing games. I love this game because it's fast paced and there really is no strategy to it, which works out great for me :) Anyway, I hosted for the month of May and the theme I chose was Super Hero! Here is a picture of me and one of my best friends :)

He is just growing up so fast!!! I love this little boy of mine!


Owen and I don't make it to the temple as much as we would like to. We missed the chapel session for our ward by about 3 min. and Initiatories were all full but we were blessed to be able to participate in some Sealings. Of course I couldn't pass up an opportunity to take a picture of the beautiful tulips that surrounded the grounds of the temple that night!!




Owen has been having lots of fun 4 wheeling!!


Oh, my sweet, Evie!! She just melts my heart with her goodness and desire to choose the right. She had gone to a stake Activity Day and learned about the plan of salvation. So she set it all up and gave the Family Home Evening lesson one night. She is amazing and we really are so lucky to be her parents. 


Evie and Owen were invited to go to my brother's ward daddy daughter dance! They had so much fun!! Evie loved every minute of it. When she got home she said she wanted to that more often, like every month :) 





These kids have gotten to spend a lot of one on one time with daddy! Zayne went to work with Owen one Saturday and even helped him sell a lawn mower!!! He LOVES going to work with daddy!!


We undertook the huge project of removing all of the bark that was around the house and putting in rock instead. It was quite physically demanding. We got all of the rock free though, so we didn't complain too much!! It turned out really nicely!! 


These two at church one Sunday. Look at them both give me that same glare ;)


Sometimes these boys play SO well together!! This was one of those days!!


Colton started a new obsession in May. Curious George. He is mildly obsessed, but its a pretty low key show, so I'm ok with it :)


Colton has got some crazy hair!!! 


Evie's school carnival was the beginning of May. The kids LOVE it! This is the only picture I got from the night. Evie had her face painted and was so sad when we had to wash it off that night.


We also had our annual neighborhood garage sale the beginning of May. We didn't end up selling much because we got rained out and not many people were out looking for toys, but our kids got rid of quite a bit of stuff by donating whatever didn't sale, so it worked out great! 
Owen happened to find some riding gear in kids size. They had fun trying it on!


Zayne! He just has to get over the fear of riding the 4 wheeler with Owen now :)



Evie had her gymnastics recital in May. We were both really glad that the gymnastics year was over with. She liked it ok, but didn't love it. She wants to try drama next year, which I think she will love. Anyway, here she is in her costume! She did great!!!









Zayne and Owen went on a Fathers and Sons camp out with my brothers ward one Friday night. Apparently it was freezing cold and Zayne said he never wanted to go camping again lol. Evie and I had a fun girls night while the boys were gone. We watched "Wild Hearts Can't be Broken." One of my favorites from when I was little and she loved it just as much! Then we slept in our warm beds, unlike the other 2 :)



For Mother's Day, me, my sisters, my mom and one sister in law went out and treated ourselves to a pedicure and The Melting pot!! 




Mother's Day after church. I love being a Mother. It's one of the most challenging things I have ever done, but also the most rewarding. I guess hard work pays off because we have got some great kiddos!!!


Grandpa Johnston with Evie and Zayne. We went to visit Aunt Bonnie in the hospital after she had surgery. Colton refused to get in the picture...imagine that. lol!


I caught him sitting on Evie's blankets and reading a book. Cute little guy!


This is a picture of my beautiful grandma on Mother's Day. 


Evie had a piano recital in May and did so well!! 



A couple of random pictures from the month! 


Zayne decided to put on ALL of my necklaces at once. He made it look pretty good, though ;)


The pool opened the week before Memorial Day, so of course we spent as many hours as possible over there!! Colton wasn't feeling well for most of May and June, so he wasn't too interested in swimming. Him and I would sit and lounge while Evie and Zayne swam and had fun!!




0 comments: