We are finally all moved in here in Moses Lake, WA. I can't say that I love it. Heck, I can't even say that I like it. I guess it's only been a little over a week. A long week at that. We had to go back to Boise last weekend to finish loading up our stuff and clean up our house. It was hard to leave and say goodbye to family and friends. Since we moved in I have already met so many nice people from our ward. Several people have stopped by to welcome us! I have to admit, I have never been treated more kindly in my life. People are really trying to make an effort to get to know us and I feel like Heavenly Father has some special things in store for our little family.
There's not much to do here; closest shopping center is 70 miles away, the temple is 85 miles away and there aren't a lot of activities going on. It seems like really simple living and I was mentioning that to my dad who brought up a good point. There's nothing wrong with simplicity. He suggested taking this down time to really reflect and ponder on what is important in life. I have a feeling this will be a good growing experience not just for me personally, but for our family. I need to take this time and devote it to being a better mother and wife and finding ways to serve those around me. I won't lie, if we could move back to Boise, I would do it in a heartbeat. But, I know that's not going to happen and so I need to look to the future and move on. I can't help but think of an article in the Jan. 2010 Ensign by Elder Holland called "The Best is Yet to Be" http://lds.org/ensign/2010/01/the-best-is-yet-to-be?lang=eng Elder Holland talks about Lot's wife and the Lord told them to flee from Sodom and Gomorrah and to "look not behind thee" Well, she looked back and she was turned into a pillar of salt. Elder Holland mentioned that it wasn't just that she looked back, but that her heart wanted to GO back. He goes on to counsel us that we can't live in the past. We have to look forward to the future and that the best is yet to be. So this is where I am at. I can't keep dwelling on the past and feeling sorry for myself. My new years resolution is to make the best of my life. I know with the Lords help I will be able to move forward with life and become the person he needs me to become.
I will post pics of our new little home soon. And of course some cute pictures of Miss Evie!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Growing
Posted by Emily and Owen Johnston at 2:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for posting that article. That's just what I need to read right now. We miss you guys! I wish Ruby and Evie could play together but I guess ML is where you're supposed to be for now. Hopefully, not for long!
Ooh, definitely post some pictures! I'm glad that people are really friendly; I bet you could get some activities going - and don't forget about the petition you're going to start to get a Target in Moses Lake!!
Seriously, though, I really admire your resolution and I think it will help a lot. Someday you'll be able to look back with that perspective and see everything you learned and be very grateful for Moses Lake :). I love you Em!
Post a Comment