Obviously this post is way past due, but I couldn't let the Christmas Season go by with out some acknowledgement. I love that time of year and the wonderful spirit that encompasses it. People are extra giving and caring. We were so blessed during the past few months. So many people have reached out to us including both of our wonderful families, friends, home teachers, visiting teachers and a few anonymous people as well! One example sticks out strongly in my mind. The Saturday before Thanksgiving I was doing some baking in the kitchen. I was trying to find something in the freezer when I realized we only had 1 or 2 frozen chicken breasts left. I remember thinking "I don't want to go to the grocery store, I don't want to spend the money." I went along finishing up and about 30 min. later I heard the doorbell ring 3 times. It was 10:30 at night, Owen wasn't there and I am kind of a paranoid person. I looked through our blinds......nobody there. I opened the door and on our doorstep was probably $100.00 worth of groceries. Inside one of the bags was a bag of frozen chicken breasts. I know it doesn't sound like much but it was a testimony to me that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and answers them. This last Tuesday night our Stake Patriarch came and talked to our ward for a Relief Society meeting and towards the end of his talk he told us how his grandson was showing him all of these different places across the world on the internet starting with his own home, then the San Andreas Fault in California, then the Great Coral Reef in Austraila, then the Moon, then the Earth and then finally the Universe and then our Patriarch asked us "does your Heavenly Father know you?" I'm so grateful to know that he does!
Sorry for such a long post! We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's with our families! I'm excited for 2010 and hope it brings wonderful things :)


3 comments:
What a nice story about the groceries showing up! I'm glad you guys had a nice holiday season!
I told you I would leave a comment! :) Just wanted to let you know how great you are. Thank you so much for listening to me tonight, I really needed that! So glad to have you as a neighbor and friend!
Wonderful!
Post a Comment