My sister in-laws ward did a program based on the parable of the 10 virgins from the New Testament and I was invited to attend AND it was amazing! The music was beautiful and the spirit was very strong. It was pretty dramatic at the end when the first 5 virgins were worthy to enter the wedding feast and by the time the other 5 had gone to find oil for their lamps and come back to the feast nobody would answer their knocking at the doors and the doors were locked. They were pleading to be let in, crying and begging until finally they turned around and realized they were rejected because of the way they had been living their life. Instead of letting the Lord into their lives, they let the things of the world in. And we know that we can't take those things with us when we die. It made me really reflect on my own life and even though I am experiencing trials and hardships, I still have the choice to let Christ into my life. It's up to me to learn and grow from these experiences and put Him first in my everyday life!
I also got to leave Evie at home with Owen which was a nice treat! :) By the time I got home he had her in bed........so nice!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
10 Virgins
Posted by Emily and Owen Johnston at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment