One happy family

One happy family

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Baby girl's big day!





This was after my epidural.....just patiently waiting!


Evie Justice Johnston (pronounced Ehvee not EEvee) was born March 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM. She weighed 7.0 lbs and was 19.25 in. long! She is the most beautiful baby in the world and we feel so blessed to have such a sweet little spirit join our eternal family! So here is exactly what happened! Last Monday I had my weekly doctor's appointment. Dr West didn't check to see if I was dialated because I hadn't been having any contractions so I decided that if I had a choice in getting my cervix checked I would choose not to! Anyway, I woke up Tuesday morning at 4:30 with very heavy cramping. I continued to have these cramps through Wed. Owen left for Utah Tuesday afternoon and planned to be home Thursday evening. I was hoping nothing would happen while he was gone.......bad luck! I stayed at my parents house Tuesday and Wed. night just in case something happened........which it did! I woke up Thursday morning at 6:30 and realizing that I hadn't had any contractions for a while and I was welcoming the pain relief and then I heard this strange pop sound from inside and I got up and I realized that my water had broken! I woke my mom up and I called Owen to tell him he better head home because I was going to the hospital. I got to the hospital at 8:00 AM and by then the contractions were close and getting worse........like the worse pain of my life. I was only dialated to a 2.5 and they ordered up my epidural. While we were waiting for the epidural my mom was helping me breath through the contractions and she didn't look very good. She was getting an intestinal blockage (she has Chrone's disease and get's these blockages fairly often, which require hospitalization). So she has to go the ER on the stretcher......it was kind of like a scene from a movie! If I wasn't in so much pain I probably could have found some humor in the whole situation. I call my sister in law Mary Jo and she says she'll head to the hospital. In the meantime I get my epidural and it is the BEST feeling in the world! Owen got to the hospital at 11:00 AM...........the doctor came in and checked me at 1:00 PM and said I was at a 10 and ready to push! I pushed for 30 min and out she came! Sorry the pictures are in backward order!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is the cutest, funniest birth story ever. I wish my water broke in such a dramatic way. The doctor popped it when I went in for the induction. Boor-ing! I'm so excited for you, Em! She is absolutely darling.

Jana said...

Congratulations Em! I agree with Lins; that's a very exciting birth story for Evie :) I'm so glad that everything went smoothly once Owen got there!

Ty, Steph, Bris, Big T said...

Congrats Em! She is beautiful!