We started Evie's birthday celebration a few days early. She had been begging to get her ears pierced for her birthday. I made it clear that if she chose that, she would have to be ok with not getting much else because it would be pretty expensive. She was fine with that. We went to build a bear beforehand because she had some money from a giftcard she got at christmas, plus a birthday coupon to use. She chose Poppy from Trolls!
She planned all along to hold her stuffed animal while they did it. All of her cousins came to watch and support!! This is a before shot....She was super brave! Didn't even cry. Although in between ears she was pretty darn close. I asked her later if she would do it again after knowing how much it hurt and she said probably not :)
We went to the food court afterwards and had cupcakes.
The next day we went and watched Beauty and the Beast together. Cousins, aunts and grandma!!
We had to do a beastly pose as a group!!
One of Evie and her cousins!
I love decorating for the kids birthdays! It makes them feel so special and its FUN!! Who doesn't want to have fun on their birthday??!!
She was pretty excited for these roller blades!! She didn't take them off for days!
She requested a rainbow cake, just as she has since her 5th birthday!!! I'm an expert at it now ;)
The celebration wasn't over just yet. The following day I took treats to Evie's class for her birthday. She chose Rice Krispy Treats with Oreo's in them!!
Evie and her best friend, Kylie! Kylie is an expert roller skater so she was so sweet to help Evie learn how to ride around outside!!
April 8th Evie was baptized!! It just so happens that her cousin was baptized the same day, 2 hours earlier, in Meridian!! So we rushed home from there and barely made it in time for Evie's.
I love this picture of the boys observing the painting of Christ. :)
Evie and her Cousin Felicity after their baptisms! Beautiful girls :)
We had a little dessert bar afterwards!!
We are so proud of Evie and her decision to be baptized! She had been awaiting that day since she turned 7. I remember her asking me, on her birthday that year, why she had to wait to be 8 to get baptized because she just so badly wanted to be baptized right then! This girl has a desire to do good and to choose the right. I truly believe that it was something she was born with. She is loving and kind and generous and helpful. She is happy and enthusiastic and just shines with brightness everywhere she goes! You can not help but smile when you are around her because she radiates positivity and excitement in everything she does! I look forward to watching her grow and learn and become the person her Heavenly Father knows she can be! Happy 8th birthday, my little baby girl! Mommy and Daddy feel SO blessed to have you in our family <3 p="">
3>
3>

































0 comments:
Post a Comment