Colton turned 7 months in January! I honestly can't believe how fast it has gone. At the same time it actually feels like it has taken forever! Funny how time works like that! Just for fun, here is a picture of the kids all about the same age. As you can tell my camera has gotten sufficiently better over the past 6.5 years! They all have the same mouth and nose, but the eyes are all a little different. Both Evie and Zayne had/has fairly big eyes. Colton has normal sized eyes.
When Colton went in for his 6 month check up, at the beginning of January. Their pediatrician walked into the room and just sort of chuckled and said that all of my kids looks very similar. Then she said, well you can definitely tell they are brothers and sisters :) She made the comment that they all have the same little mouth and chin.
Colton's stats for his 6 month check up are:
Height: 26.77" (41%)
Weight: 18 lb (53%)
Head Circumference: 42.5 cm (16%)
He is SUCH a happy baby! He is ALWAYS smiling and giggling. He LOVES watching his brother and sister and laughing at the things they do. He sits up pretty well with out any support. Probably another couple weeks and he won't need the boppy to support him. He doesn't have any teeth yet, but I think he is in the process of it. We have lots of drool and chewing and runny nose going on over here. He still doesn't sleep through the night. Luckily, I have found that as I have gotten older I can function on a lot less sleep than I used to be able to. I have tried some controlled crying sleep training and it worked pretty well the first night. He slept al night long and I thought I had found my answer! He will fall asleep on his own while sucking his thumb, but he won't stay asleep all night long. Maybe someday :)
He is my first thumb sucker and I don't really mind. Neither Evie nor Zayne would take a pacifier. Colton is much better as self soothing because of it - so I'm ok with it for now :)
He got this VTech ball from his cousin for Christmas and he LOVES it!
He has really enjoyed his bouncer that Santa brought him. Except he is just a little too short for his legs to reach the bottom so he can bounce in it. I think once he can do that in it, he will love it even more!
Colton is SO ticklish and just loves to be loved!
Colton can roll from his tummy to his back. He has rolled from his back to his tummy, but prefers not to because he hates being on his tummy! He babbles quite a bit lately and he says 'dada'
My sister had her little guy a couple days after Christmas. We all got together 3 weeks after he was born to capture this picture of grandma and grandpa with the 3 little boys that were all born within a year of eachother!
This little man has the BEST smile ever! He is super photogenic and smiles at just about anyone!
Colton got this big stuffed monkey from grandma and grandpa Ogden for Christmas and he LOVES it! He will just laugh and smile and eat it :)
I sure love my kiddos! But, honestly, my favorite part of the day is bedtime. It's the only time I get to myself. It also helps me recharge for the next day!



0 comments:
Post a Comment