One happy family

One happy family

Thursday, November 12, 2015

4.5 months!

Colton is 4.5 months old already! He had his 4 month well child check up last week and he weighed 16.1 lbs (50%) 25.59" tall (50%) and his head was 41 cm (18%). I haven't even come close to losing all of the weight I gained with him, and I'm going to be honest - it has been really hard for me. BUT he was worth every single pound I gained. Some people lose weight while breastfeeding unfortunately I am not one of those people. I have done a lot of research on this so I'm just going to keep working out and trying my best and know that someday the weight will eventually come off, hopefully its BEFORE he weans! Colton is such a sweet little guy. While the pediatrician was checking him over he just kept smiling at her! Usually my kids just cry and look very scared. He is just a jolly little guy :)
We finally moved him into his own room, probably a month or so ago. It was kind of hard for me, must be all of those postpartum hormones or something, anyway, it's been really nice. Owen snores a lot and I wondered if Colton was waking up a lot because of that. I don't know. He has only slept through the night a few times. BUT, he was doing a lot better at night and then he got sick. So he has been up several times a night. I'm so exhausted its hard to be a good mommy. A couple of nights ago he slept for a full 6 or 7 hours and it was glorious! I was so much more patient with the kids and I was happy and my work out was awesome. If only that could happen every night!! 
He is growing more interested in the food we are eating. It's funny to watch him because he will just stare at Zayne while he eats his goldfish or yogurt, etc. Like "hey! What is that you are doing?! I want some!" Its really cute :) I might start him on some oatmeal cereal coming up soon. I don't want to rush him into solids, but this is about the time they can start. Makes me sad to think my baby is growing so fast! Now I know why people have more than 1 kid :) This little guy loves to laugh and smile. He is very tickilish and loves to be held, snuggled, and kissed (at least I think he does ;) We love you Colton! We are so very blessed that Heavenly Father sent you to our family!!






0 comments: