I haven't been blogging very much because I switched from an iPhone over a month ago, and now my photos don't upload automatically to my iPad. Our computer runs incredibly SLOW, so now I've got lots of blogging to catch up on soon. I'll update you with our most recent news; we are having our third child! Aaa! I honestly can't believe I will have three children; have I lost my mind?! We are very excited. I had my first ultrasound in December 30th. Nobody knew about this except Owen, obviously, a sister in-law, a sister, and my insurance agent :) I can't believe I kept it a secret for that long! It actually made the first trimester go back quite a bit faster. My official due date is June 30, 2015. The nurse said that because I went early with both of my previous pregnancies, that I will probably go early with this one; sounds good to me!! I have felt pretty good. Morning sickness has been minimal and the only symptoms I have had are indigestion and fatigue. No puking or food aversions....no real cravings, etc. I would say I got off pretty lucky so far! The Lord knew I needed a break, I think ;) I wrapped up the ultrasound pictures along with a note with the due date and had Evie give it to my mom on New Year's Eve, saying it was a late Christmas present. She opened it in front of my sister, who is due with a little boy in Feb, and I'm pretty sure you could have knocked both of them over with a feather! It was fun to see the surprise in their faces and I was relieved to finally be able to talk about it!
Thursday, January 1, 2015
Never thought this day would come!
We sent this picture to Owens family email as our announcement and it's how I announced it on facebook. His sister was telling us back at the end of November that she had a dream where she was holding somebody's baby and when she looked at it, it looked just like Zayne! She said you guys must be pregnant. We didn't say much, but she obviously has some sort of intuition!
This is the best I can do - pictures of the ultrasound pictures!
When we went in for the ultrasound, the tech tested it out on my belly first to make sure she could get clear pictures of the baby. Once she confirmed that it would work she walked out of the room to put it in the computer as ordered. After she walked out I asked Evie if she new what was in my tummy. She answered no. I told her it was a baby and she got SO EXCITED! The first thing she said was, " if it's a boy it will solve all of my problems because then Zayne and him can wrestle each other instead of Zayne trying to wrestle me all of the time!" She was pacing back and forth excitedly while she was saying this! I love that girl - she cracks me up!! Of course she really wants a baby sister so she can play with her. We will see! My 20 week ultrasound is set for Feb 5. I think it will be here before we know it; time seems to be flying by at this moment! The ultrasound tech and dr said that the baby looked perfect! It's heart was beating a strong 140 beats per minute. Great news to hear!
When the dr walked in, he looked at Evie and Zayne and said, "WOW! You guys make beautiful children!" (Like he's going to say your kids are hideous ;) anyway, I responded with, "that's why we decided to have another one!" On our way out of the office, the nurse and one of the other nurses, told me that they couldn't get over how adorable my children were! Of course I think that, they are my own children, and this is my blog, so I will share what I want to!! ;)
On other news, Owen and I signed a contract of intent to build a house out in Middleton. I never thought I would end up there, but it's a great option since Owen works in Ontario. We didn't want to live in Nampa, Caldwell, Ontario, or anything in between. So this is a great compromise! You know how sometimes things just work out? That's how this house deal was. We have been looking since Owen got his job. Rental prices are ridiculous and housing prices are most likely just going to be going up. We had been looking into building out there for a while, but it just never reached the point where it would work. It was like we were close, but not quite there. When we "stumbled" upon the floorplan, it just felt like it clicked. Like we had finally found what we were looking for, and in our price range. The one we decided on is the best bang for our buck. It's completion date will probably be June. I know, I am crazy! Why do I like to make big life changes all at the same time? Remember when I moved from Moses Lake a week after Zayne was born? Yeah, that was not fun. But hopefully it all works out. I have a feeling 2015 is going to be a good year for us; I hope so anyway! In one of my favorite talks given by Elder Uchtdorf, he says:
"Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can’t see the Lord’s hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness."
I don't feel like we are quite to the top of our mountain yet, but I think we are getting closer. Like I said before, 2015 is going to be good to us. And I can't wait to see what's in store! Happy New Year, with happy new beginnings!!
Posted by Emily and Owen Johnston at 9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
I seriously can't believe you were able to keep it a secret from your mom! What a fun surprise!! And I've heard really great things about Middleton - so excited for you guys.
Post a Comment