One happy family

One happy family

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Zayne turns 2!

We hit the festivities off for Zayne's birthday by having a little family party with my side of the family on Sunday. I made Zayne's favorite cake, Georgia Mud Fudge. Thank you, Angie, for bringing it into the family so many years ago! As evidenced below, the kids LOVED licking the bowl :)





We also took family pictures a few hours before the party. Separate post on that coming up soon! We got some really nice pictures :)


Look at him lickin' his chops in anticipation ;)



On Tuesday night Evie stayed up late to help me decorate for Zayne's birthday the next day! I don't know how this tradition started of decorating, but it's fun to make the kids feel extra special on thier special day. If we add another kid in the mix, this might become a past tradition! 


He was ONE happy boy! He LOVES trucks! I found all of these clearance construction party decorations at Zurchers. How could I possibly pass it up? 


I had a gift card for build a bear from the last time we went on Evie's birthday. So to kill some time we took Zayne and let him pick out a teddy bear! He had no idea what was going on. I love 2 year olds! Haha!






The bear ended up costing me $2 with my gift card. Not bad for a fun birthday outing :)


I decided to make a construction cake for Zayne. I think it turned out pretty cute!


He loved it and wanted to play with the toys immediately! I had to remove from his sight because he couldn't help himself. 




We went to our favorite new Chinese restaurant for dinner. My kids love this place! 

He was a little wound up! He hardly sat still the whole time we were there.


Finally! Present time! 


Evie got him a really nice fire truck from DI one day. It looked brand new and was only $1.50! Zayne has loved playing with it! Good pick, Evie! He got some other things as well. Grandma got him a huge CAT dump truck from Costco that he has been loving as well. Lots of shirts and a smaller dream light pet that he was very "awed" by at bed time this evening :)


We got him a trucks book that he has loved as well! I think Owen read it to him at least 5 times last night!


His big present was last. He was pretty excited for this and has loved riding it around outside. He can't reach the pedals yet but he loves scooting himself along :)






He finally got those trucks off of the cake! I don't think he even at a bit of cake, just played the whole time!


I also found a bag of bigger blocks/Legos at Target a while back on clearance that we gave him. Both him and Evie will spend lots of time building things :)






He had a great birthday! We love you, Zayne! We are so grateful that you were sent to our family! Happy 2nd Birthday, Buddy!

1 comments:

Jana said...

Happy birthday Zayne! What a cute boy. And his cake is super cute too - you clearly have a talent there :).