One happy family

One happy family

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Lately

It's been a busy week for us! Not much has really been happening, just the normal routine, but I feel like I'm constantly going from sun up, to sun down!

The below picture is Evie doing her bicycle crunches. She's so funny :)



We had a major snowfall this past week and Evie had been asking to build a snowman, even before the snow had fallen. So we braved it, and surprisingly it wasn't very cold! She named her snowman Olaf. We love that show - Frozen, if you were wondering! I also shoveled my parents driveway and sidewalks as well as our neighbors. It was a lot of work! This storm also gave Owen the opportunity to work a little bit. He was hired on by a landscaping company back in December, but was just being worked as needed, plowing snow. It was a huge blessing because we aren't getting our extended unemployment benefits as of now. He worked from 1:00am to 4:00 pm. He was beat! The next morning he worked putting de-icer down. AND they realized they hadn't paid Owen for the last time he worked, so we got paid some extra money we weren't expecting! Talk about a blessing from The Lord!


The night before the big snowfall we got together at Chuck-E-Cheese to celebrate cousin Lilly's 5 th bday party!


Evie had fun dancing with her cousins, too :)


She loved the unicorn cupcakes!


This girl cashed out on the tickets! She got 218! We earned a lot of them, but she also kept getting some from the employees! In my sister's words: "I guess it pays to be cute." I guess so!


She had fun on all of the baby rides....


And even got in the picture with the big, creepy, new - teenage looking Chuck-E-Cheese ;)



Notice I said earlier that she had fun on the baby rides? This picture is her face right before she had a huge panic attack on the monster truck ride. Her and her cousin started screaming and crying because it was going up tall and moving all around. Oh, boy! It was embarrassing for me! I don't think these girls are quite ready for Disney Land ;)




We took two pictures together. The first one looks like I'm strangling her! Haha! And the second picture below turned out a little better :) I sure love my little girl!




This picture I took before Evie left for preschool. Her first day back after the Christmas break!


Her cousin got this Barbie jeep for Christmas! My sister and I always wanted one if these! I rider in it, it was pretty fun!


Zayne loved it! He didn't want to get out! Evie refused to drive it, she's s little timid when it comes yo things like that...


I love my little man! Evie took this picture because Owen refused to.....it know turned out a little blurry ;)


These two make us smile!


The BEST cheesecake EVER! Owen and I received a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory for watching my brothers kids back in November. We put the kids yo bed one night and went out for some dessert. Thanks to my mom and dad for staying with our sleeping children!


My parents love Evie in thus little bonnet/Easter hat. And she loves it, too :)


They both have thief own foam chairs now. Zayne got a Thomas the Train one for Christmas from his cousin :) no more fighting over the princess one!


We went to the library a couple weeks ago and have been reading those books over and over. Here is Zayne looking through his tractor book :) so cute! He's such a big boy!

Owen has a few interviews this week and he had one last week. Praying one of these works out for us; that would be amazing :)



2 comments:

Jana said...

I can't get over Evie's face on the monster truck ride at Chuck E. Cheese! So sad but so hilarious!! Love all the pictures, as usual.

Angie said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all! You and Evie are two peas in a pod--both adorable. I hope Owen gets one of those jobs this week or next!!