One happy family

One happy family

Thursday, June 6, 2013

We love summer time!

We had our first swim of the season last weekend! My brother and Sister in-law neighborhood pool opened up Memorial Day Weekend. It's nice to have a free, but not overly crowded pool to swim in!
Don't let Zayne's face fool you! He had a pretty good time...minus the normal splashes from others around him, he wasn't too fond of that!
 
 
 Cousin Thomas had fun pulling him around....as far as I felt comfortable, which wasn't very far ;)
 Evie took FOREVER to get in the pool. I'm talking, like 2 hours! Anyway, I have her signed up for Swimming Lessons in the next couple of weeks, so we will see how that goes!
 Monday was kind of a blah day. It usually is. Even though I don't go out into the working world where Mondays have a bad wrap..........try being unemployed. You know nothing is going to happen on a Monday. Anyway, Owen had received a gift certificate to a sports bar for spraying somebodies lawn for bugs for them, so we decided to try the place out........not that great. BUT we had fun sitting on the patio and soaking up some vitamin D!
 My handsome nephews at the Splash Pad at Kleiner Park. We love that place! Evie loves it more than the swimming pool. I like it because I am not constantly worried my child maybe drowning! Surprisingly, it wasn't that busy. We celebrated Cousin, Reagan's birthday by going to Yogurtz and then hitting the splash park! It was very fun!

 I got a little too much sun. Luckily the next day my sunburn wasn't that bad :)
 Owen is able to keep busy a couple days a week by going to Oregon to help people on their farms. It's good for him (and myself, may I add?) to get out and about. We usually go to my parents house. I went to the temple yesterday while my mom watched the kids. Came back and we had dinner. Evie likes is when daddy goes because he usually spends the night out there 1 night. Then mommy and her get to have a sleepover. I let her sleep in my bed with me. The only time this happens. It's something fun for her to look forward to!





These two were being so silly together! My mom said "they are having such a fun time together. Before you know it they will be fighting." That's what I'm afraid of!

We have a CD with 10 or 11 primary songs on it that the kids are supposed to learn for the primary program in the fall. We have been listening to it in the car for the last month or so. Evie's favorite is "I am a Child of God." She knows it by heart! While I was driving home from the Temple yesterday the song "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet" was on and the 2nd verse rang loudly in my ears:

"When dark clouds of trouble hang o'er us and threaten our peace to destroy, there is hope smiling brightly before us, and we know that deliverance is nigh. We doubt not the Lord nor his goodness. We've proved him in days that are past..."

It was an answer to a prayer. The beginning of the week I was feeling dark and dreary. After attending the Temple I was blessed with an uplifting spirit. So grateful that the Lord is watching over our family. I'm grateful to know that he knows our needs and that he has blessed me with peace to know that.

1 comments:

Jana said...

Okay, so maybe I'll have to check out Kleiner Park some time - I still can't believe I just barely missed you at Settler's the other day!