One happy family

One happy family

Sunday, June 23, 2013

10 years ago.....

10 years ago, I graduated from high school. I can't believe it's been a whole 10 years. We had our class reunion and you might be wondering if I went........First, lets look back at some pictures from my senior year.


 I was in an audition choir since 9th grade. I started singing in choir in 5th grade and found a great love for it during 8th grade when I asked my parents if I could take singing lessons. I LOVED them! It was something I  could practice and practice all day long and never tire of. So my high school days were filled with music festivals, holiday party's, concerts, dinner shows and solo festivals. Our high school didn't have an audition choir for sophomores but our choir teacher decided to make a special exception my sophomore year. It was for a mic on mic jazz group. Only 12 people made it in and I was one of the first sopranos. A great experience that I will never forget. We traveled to Seattle my senior year for a jazz festival and I had a solo in one of our songs and I won an outstanding vocalist award! Private groups or companies would pay to have us sing at their Christmas parties through out the month of December. Every year, during the holiday season, those memories come flooding back to me.



 Dinner show was always held in February. My senior year we did scenes from The Music Man and Bye Bye Birdie!
 I was a choir nerd, but I loved it!


 High School graduation! I was so ready to be done and move on with life!

 Seminary graduation!
 Last year of girls camp!
 I sang "Someone to Watch Over Me." in the big auditorium during dinner theater. I'll never forget when my dad was helping with sound stuff one of the nights and my choir teacher told my dad, while I was singing: "You should be very proud of your daughter." What a great compliment :)
 We were a pretty close group of friends!
 A daddy daughter Young Women's activity my senior year!
 Graduation after party - singing karaoke!
 One of my very best friends through out high school! Couldn't have made it through with out you, Jana!
 We had fun at dances, but maybe the most fun BEFORE the dances - getting ready!

An activity for young women my senior year. I thought it was so cool to milk a cow!
 Who would have thought I would marry a farmer?! And a dairy farmer at that ?!
 This was dinner theater from my junior year! This group of girls were all seniors, except for me. We had a little quartet for the dinner show and we sang "Mr. Sandman" for our school talent show :)
 I made a quilt for one of my personal progress goals. I also added sleeves to my prom dress to make it modest for one of my goals as well, my senior year!

 This was high school graduation........confusing because it looks like I was graduating from Boise State...

 And here I am 10 years later with some very dear friends from high school. Andrew was a year younger than Jana and myself. We got together a few weeks ago to catch up a little bit.
There are only a handful of people I still keep in contact with since high school. So, with all of the memories and pictures I have from that time in my life.....I wanted to keep it at just that :) I didn't attend my high school reunion and probably won't attend any future ones. Well, I guess I have another 10 years to think about it :)

1 comments:

Jana said...

Yeah, you really didn't miss much at the reunion... but I'm still going to try to make you come with me to our 20th! :) I loved looking at all these old pictures. I was always totally blown away by your voice; I'm glad choir was such a good experience for you. And I'm so glad we had our little mini-reunion with Andrew!!