One happy family

One happy family

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's day :)

 I had a very joyful Mother's Day this year! Evie made this super cute card and picture in Preschool on Thursday. I LOVED it! She wrote her own name, even though the e and i are swapped - she did really well!



 On Saturday Owen took Evie and Zayne for the afternoon to do some Mothers Day shopping. It was so wonderful! I worked out AND took a shower with zero interruptions - then they came home with the beautiful flowers in the picture above :)
This was the picture after they got home. They are so darn cute!

 On Sunday morning Evie and Owen made me french toast for breakfast :) It was delicious! A picture of me and my beautiful children before church :) The Young Women taught my primary class on Sunday so that I could have a break....it was glorious! They had the kids make these cute projects for us. One thing about it.......Evie consistently thinks I am 3 years old and that I make the BEST pancakes :) Love that girl!

It was Evie's first time singing in Sacrament meeting with the primary! She was so excited! She had the biggest smile on her face when she was up there and kept waving at me. She had and still has been singing the 2 songs above. I love hearing her sweet little voice......."I know a name, a glorious name..." makes me smile every time :)



My mom is one of my best friends! I'm grateful for all of the things she has taught me about being a righteous woman - especially in these trying times in the world. I'm grateful that she taught me about dressing modestly, standing up for what I believe in and most of all for loving and following the Lord in all she does. I love talking to her and she is such a good grandma! 

I'm lucky to have such a good friend in my mother in-law. She is a great example to all those she comes in contact with. She is such a good listener and has raised 10 amazing children. I love talking to her as well and she is a good grandma, too!
 This is my grandmother and I love her! She is truly an amazing example of a selfless person. I hope to someday be as full of charity as she is. Love you grandma! 

I love this quote from the First Presidency of our church many years ago:
"Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels."

I have been blessed with many examples of angels in my life. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a mother and although it can be very challenging at times, it can also bring so much joy! I love that I am able to stay at home with Evie and Zayne and consider it to be such a blessing. Happy Mothers Day!


0 comments: