One happy family

One happy family

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where's the sleep fairy when you need her?

Last night was one of the longest nights of my life. Evie refused to go to sleep last night. She didn't finally fall asleep until after 11:00pm, which means I didn't get to bed until after midnight. Well, she decides to wake up at oh, I don't know, 4AM! She said she was hunry (hungry) So we go downstairs and she eats some cottage cheese. I try to lay her down SEVERAL times and she would just cry and cry and cry. Finally, I had her come in our bed....still NO SLEEP! 7am rolls around and I have to get ready for work. Yes, we had to work from 8:30 am - 1:00 pm today! All the while, I just KNOW she is going to be cranky pants Evie today. I check on her after the shower and she was still awake watching Max and Ruby, her favorite show. After I get ready for work I go downstairs at 8:00 am and this is what I find.....













Boy, was that fun waking her up for work 10 min later. Poor thing. She was exhausted all day...........she did have a rather large bowel movement later in the morning and that is the ONLY thing I can think of that would have kept her up all night long. Oh, the joys of being a mother :) Sweet, little stinker!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Ohh, I'm sorry Em, I hate days/nights like that. My kids usually double-team me; one of them stays up super late and then the other gets up early. Sigh. :)

Jenny said...

Thats what ellie is doing to me right now! Hence the blog hopping. Shes just starting to fall asleep in ny arms...so i think i got off a litt;e easier. I guess our twos can have terrible moments and lots of sweet ones too:)

Angie said...

Maybe she has a super colon like Elvis.

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Jana- that sounds absolutely horrible! Jenny- glad to know we are in the same boat...a lot of the time! Angie - seeing as how Elvis literally died on the toilet, I am hoping Evie doesn't have a super colon :) That comment made me laugh!