One happy family

One happy family

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A new me :)

After we moved to Moses Lake, I realized there wasn't much to do. Ok, so it didn't take too long to realize that! It's hard to move to a new place where you have no family and no friends around. One day I decided to go to Hastings and look around at their books. I ran into this little gem:

and for only $5.99! I was familiar with this regimen because my brother and sister in-law AND sister had done it a couple years back and as a result had changed their body for life! I bought it and read it in 2 days! I had already started going to our local gym, because lets face it, there was nothing else to occupy my time so I might as well get into shape, right?! I decided to take a chance and do the challenge with the one person I had really gotten to know up here (Hey Jenny!). I let her read the book and then we got together and took our measurements and talked about our work out routines and eating habits. It reminded us of something we would have done in high school PE or something ;)
I've never been one who has had to worry about my weight, but there is something satisfying about making a goal, setting a plan of action and seeing results. I started in March and since then, I have lost almost 7 pounds! I've also lost -
1 in. from each arm,
2. 5 in. around my chest,
3 in. from my waist
3 in. from each thigh
4 in. from my butt
1 in. from each calf
At the beginning I was doing really well with the calories and what not. I would even make separate meals for me or adjust mine to be low cal but now I am more maintaining than anything. This book puts a lot of emphasis on weight lifting. And I have never been this toned before! For me, the gym is like my second home. I have made a lot of friends there and it's nice to be able to share an interest with other people and grow friendships from it. I love working in the day care there and Evie loves it too! I don't share this post to brag, but to let you know what I have been up to lately :) If anybody out there is looking to change up their current lifestyle, buy this book. You won't regret it!

2 comments:

Angie said...

That's awesome! You were looking pre-tty good when you were here last. After this baby is out, I'm ready to get back into working out. Good job!

Jana said...

I'm so impressed Em!!