One happy family

One happy family

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Part of December 2017 adventures!

Here we are bridging the gap between our 2 favorite holidays! Christmas and Halloween :)

 We decided to go see the Caldwell Christmas lights early in the season. We have learned our lesson in the past - when you wait too long it gets too cold outside!!! It was still plenty cold but not as cold as it got over the next few weeks! We were in the low 40's upper 30's this night...it got down into the 20's not too long after this! We stopped by dutch bro's and spent way too much on hot chocolate that the kids didn't even end up drinking - another lesson learned for next year! Then we walked around and had a really nice time  as a little family!











It was really a beautiful sight to see!! So glad we went! We plan on making this a family tradition for years to come!


While we walked around the lights - The elf showed up at the trailer! The kids were nervous he wouldn't know where we were because we had moved - but he found us!! And he brought some pretty cute Christmas Jammies for the kids!!



More progress on the house this month!! It was so exciting to see it go up so quickly!!!


I included this picture because there were many, MANY times I came home from being out and about and would park in front of the trailer and dread going inside. I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but it was really challenging to live there. I'm sure The Lord thought "what else do you want from me? I blessed you to be able to sell your home quickly, so you could build a beautiful new home, I blessed you with a short term rental in town (which is unheard of) for a very decent price!" *spoiler alert - we survived!!


The framing went up pretty quickly. Like 1.5 weeks quickly!





It was so fun to see it start coming together!


Colton got this little construction hat at Demeyer Furniture when we went one weekend!!


The elf brought a little gingerbread village one night!! The kids and Owen had fun putting them together and decorating each of their little houses!!



We decided to do colored lights on our tree this year and we all LOVED it!!! It was so pretty with the flocked tree!!


These boys had fun playing in their Halloween costumes quite a few days !!


Zayne looking handsome before Kindergarten one day :)


Coltie being as cute as always :)


Coltie was loving his Mickey Mouse Christmas shirt and slippers!!!


More pictures of the house!!!



We sold our table before we moved out of our house. I'd been on the search for a table I liked for quite a while. Even though I did like our old table, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I brought it home, so I was kind of glad to get rid of it when we moved. I ended up finding one on craigslist that I fell in LOVE with!! It had beautiful detail!! Problem was? It was all the way up in McCall......no problem ;) my parents watched the kids so we could go pick it up!! It was a beautiful drive - as you can see below. You now know my obsession with flocked trees!!





We stopped at the pancake house and had dinner! Walked around the little Christmas shop that is located inside of it.




A gorgeous sunset preceded our drive home!!




Colton showing off his Santa hat!


So exciting that the roof is framed in!!!



The next day they had the roof covered!!



We were sick more times than I cant count last winter. I swear it had to do with the trailer. Colton had the pukes and fever when we first moved in. Me and Zayne got them at Thanksgiving and then Evie came down with them a couple weeks before Christmas. Poor girl. We were in Target and she wasn't feeling well. Barely made it to the bathroom where she proceeded to puke up her favorite orange chicken and fried rice, which is now no longer her favorite. She was down for a few days. 


She was feeling better enough to make it to school for her Christmas music program. She still wasn't 100% but at least she wasn't contagious at that point!! She definitely couldn't give it her all like last years program, but she still had fun!!




Our first snowfall of the season!!! It actually ended up being one of the only snowfalls!! Which was so much better than the Snowmageddon we experienced the year before!!




Checking out the house one Saturday afternoon!



We would drive by the house sometimes multiple times a day!!


Right before Christmas break Evie had a little mini play performance for Drama kids! She was an Elf, I believe...





We were so excited to see the wrap go up on the house!!



Evie and her best friend, Kylie exchanged Christmas presents!!


Cute girls and Evie's crazy face!!


The house all wrapped and the paper stuff on the roof!! It's really coming together at this point!!




Colton sucking his thumb and watching Curious George on the ipad one night :)


Kylie and Evie are best friends, just like their mama's!! Christmas gift exchange :)


We decided to do a cousin gift exchange/Christmas party the Friday night before Christmas!!! This gave the kids some time to play Christmas games and have some Christmas fun with each other! It was a blast - the kids loved it!!









Christmas cookie decorating!! Zayne got a little crazy with the sprinkles!!


My present from best friend, Michelle!! My very own pair of Mickey Mouse Onesie pajamas!! It was SO cold in the trailer so these were a very welcome gift!!


Owen's face when he saw me in my pajamas for the first time?!! ;)












0 comments: