One happy family

One happy family

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Colton Turns 1!

Its so hard to believe that Colton turned 1 back in June. That whole first year of life is really hard. Everything about it. I feel like things are getting better. He is sleeping somewhat better, still not sleeping through the night. He is starting to wean himself from nursing, which I am totally OK with. He finally started crawling a couple of weeks before his birthday. Just recently he started pulling up on things. He reminds me a lot of Evie. She was slower when it came to walking, talking and crawling. And I'm not complaining!! He is super fast at crawling now and has started to say "uh-oh" At his 1 year appointment he weighed 21 lbs (50th%) and his height is in the 50% as well. His head is still slightly small, but everything is good :)
This little man is independent. He likes to do things on his own and if I'm there trying to help or in his face at all, he screams and starts swatting me away. He likes to feed himself, even though peanut butter and jelly can get really messy, and he hates to have his diaper changed. He likes most food and eats pretty much everything we eat now. He loves yogurt, mac n cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cottage cheese, cantaloupe, watermelon, green beans, taco soup, re fried beans, cheese, and the list could go on and on! He is a really good natured baby, for the most part! He is always laughing and smiling. He loves Evie and Zayne! He loves his blankie and sucking his thumb! He loves to wave and clap his hands. And most recently has started folding his arms when we say prayers - so cute! We love you, Colty - bear! Happy 1st birthday  :)


I have no idea why Evie looks like she is holding Coltons nose in the bottom picture! I think she was trying to hold his head so he would look at the camera ;)


We went to Mongolian BBQ for his bday dinner. It's the kids' favorite place and Colton loved it just as much! He was being awfully flirty with everyone around us. He just kept smiling at everyone; they all loved it!







He had absolutely no interest in opening his presents :)



He had to have a lot of help. Good thing he has an older brother and sister that happen to love opening presents ;)







In light of our recent Disney trip (which I still think about daily) I decided to make a Mickey Mouse head cake. ....









And I'm pretty sure he loved the cake!!

A beautiful way to end a nice day! We get beautiful sunsets and sunrises out here!




0 comments: