One happy family

One happy family

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

3rd Day!

On Tuesday we went to California Adventure. I wish I would have gotten pictures in front of both of the parks. Photo Ops are kind of hard to come by when you have 3 young children that you are dragging around everywhere!

We were on a mission that morning! We were told by a nice family on our shuttle bus to go straight into the park and grab fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers (the Cars ride) So the minute the gates opened we basically ran back there to get our passes. Then Owen and the kids got in line right after. We got a rider swap for me (because I had to stay with Colton, who happened to already be sleeping at this point). I think there are definite advantages to taking  a baby to Disneyland -Evie and Zayne got to ride all of the rides more than multiple times with the fast passes in combination with the rider swap (we had it figured out by the 2nd day ;) It's a good thing we took the advice we were given. I watched as the stand by wait line went from a 15 min wait to a 60 min wait really quickly. No doubt about it, it was the hottest ride over there! We ended up riding this ride 4x that day! 


It was super fun as well! We all loved it!

Cars Land was so fun! The different cars from the movie would come out and drive around on the street. They would have fun little dance type shows in the middle of the road every so often! One of the kids favorite rides was Mater's Junkyard Jamboree! It really was a fun one :)





After Cars Land we headed over to the Pier part of the park. I loved the atmosphere of it! The old time music playing, all of the buildings and pictures. It was very fun! The first item of business was California Screamin' roller coaster. I sent Owen and Evie on it while Zayne (who was too short to ride and I think he might have died of terror if he had been able to go on it) myself and Colton waited on the pier. The tracks for the very beginning of the roller coaster go right be this spot. It was a little loud for Colton. He hated it and would cry every time it roared past, but Zayne loved it! We kept trying to see if Evie and Owen were on it. It was a really short wait. I think only 10 min or so. They got a rider swap pass for me.

So Evie got to ride it 2 times in a row! I was kind of surprised she loved it so much! She would always get a little nervous before it started, but she told me "it's SO much FUN!" I think her and Owen rode it one more time this day....

She was too short so you couldn't see her face in the pic! 

This is one brave girl!




There was a really fun Little Mermaid ride in this park that we all loved! Sadly, I didn't get a picture, but it was one of the highlights of this park!

I took the kids on the Zephyr. It was a short wait and not real thrilling, but the kids had fun :)

Right next to the Zephyr was the Jumpin' Jellyfish ride. It pulls you up to the top and then slowly floats you back up and down a few times. The kids really enjoyed this one as well. 

 Owen was more than happy to be the one snapping pictures of us before the ride as opposed to actually going on this ride ;)

Zayne wanted to go on the Silly Symphony Swings ride. Oddly enough, Evie took one look at it and declared that it looked to be too "wild of a ride" to go on. Yes, the girl that just road a big roller coaster opted out of the swings! Owen and Zayne had fun  :) I'm going to be honest, I don't really care for those swings either. I have a fear of heights so those actually do freak me out....

Speaking of heights, I absolutely refused to go on the Ferris Wheel. So I took advantage of the baby care center they have in the park (they also have one in Disneyland) and went to nurse Colton and feed him his lunch. It was still pretty chilly that day so it was nice to have a little break from the chill. Anyway, the baby care centers are awesome. They have rooms where you can nurse your baby, they have padded changing stations, little potties for those kids that are potty training, high chairs, and baby food, diapers, etc if you need to purchase any! I'm telling you, this place is awesome for families! When Owen called me after they were done he sarcastically informed me that I would have loved that Ferris Wheel ride. Apparently they got one of the rocking compartments and it felt like you were going to fly off into the little pond below. YIKES! Owen said the kids were slightly terrified during the ride!

Evie and I happened to see Jessie while Zayne and Daddy were on the swings :) We didn't make it on the Toy Story ride this day because the wait was crazy long. But we did make it into one of the souvenir shops next to the ride where we were able to try on these cow girl/boy hats  :) 

These kids love a good carousel ride! This was King Triton's carousel ride and they thoroughly enjoyed it!

By late afternoon the park was starting to get really busy. The kids were starving and we had been promising them ice cream for the better half of the day. So we decided that we would head back to Disneyland and get some ice cream - and Zayne REALLY enjoyed his!


We decided to get a spot for the Paint the Night Parade. It wasn't going to start until 7 but people were already saving spots for it and it was only 5:30 - so thats what we decided to do. And let me tell you, we got an awesome spot! There was lots of waiting to be done :)


I found some awesome rainbow light up toys at the dollar store and packed them with us! $1.00 sure beats the price they wanted to charge for their light up stuff :) We even had one of the employees comment on how cool it was (he was being serious, too, by the way!) 
Colton LOVED these! He would just laugh and laugh when we would swing it around! While we waited we decided to eat dinner in the park. We knew it would be too late to go get something after the parade was over and by the time we got on the shuttle and back to the hotel. The food was, meh and basically only ended up eating one more meal in the park the rest of our vacation.

I'm not much of a parade person, but Disney changed all of that! This was well worth the 1.5 hour wait! 


The kids were loving it! It was SO fun to watch their faces and hear their reactions! At the end of the parade when Goofy, Donald, Mickey, etc were coming our way Zayne exclaimed- "GOOFY! NO WAY!!" He was waving so much I thought his arm might fall off! 

We got out of the park late that night. The kids were exhausted. We had to wait what felt like forever for our shuttle bus to come. Zayne made friends with one of the green cones. Evie got cold and borrowed daddy's beanie and Colton was out cold! It was an excellent and fun filled day!

0 comments: