It's been over a month since I have updated the blog. It was kind of a month from hell with the house thing which will be saved for another entry. For now I will catch up on the last few weeks of my pregnancy and Colton's birth story!
35 weeks:
36 weeks:
2 days before I delivered :
Several hours before we met Colton for the first time: I look bloated and ready ;)
I started losing something very important in pregnancy the morning of the 15th, which was a Monday. I was excepting to start having mild contractions at any time, but they didn't show up until Tuesday afternoon. I had been having some minor ones off and on, but nothing too painful or consistent at that point. I had my weekly dr appointment scheduled for Thursday, the 18th at 1 pm. I figured the doctor would check for any dilation at that point. Wednesday came and I was still having contractions off and on. They were getting more painful by this point but no consistency so I just dealt with them. Early Thursday morning around 2am I started having super painful contractions. I downloaded an app on my phone to keep track of them. Once again - not consistent, but painful and lasting 1 minute long. In turn I didn't get any sleep. By the time Owen got up for work I was contemplating having him take me to the hospital, but by then my contractions had gone down to once every 20 min or so. I didn't think the hospital would even check me if I wasn't consistently having contractions. So I sent him to work and told him I would let him know how my appt went. All morning long I had painful contractions, some were close together and others were not. By 12, it was all I could do to get through the contractions I was having. My mom insisted on taking me to my appt. I decided it was probably a good idea because by this point I was pretty sure I was in active labor. I packed my hospital bag in case they wanted to keep me. I called Owen and told him that he probably better start heading back to Boise. He works in Ontario - so it takes him an hour. My mom and I head to my appointment - good thing she drove me - I don't think I was in any condition to be driving! The nurse took one look at me and said you don't look like your doing too well. I tell her all that has been happening and she says, I think you may be in labor my friend! Dr. West will be right in to check you. Minutes later he comes in, checks me - which is horribly painful, may I add, and said - you are a good 5-6 cm dilated. What do you want to do for pain management. No question about it - I told him I wanted an epidural. He said I'm going to call labor and delivery and tell them that you are headed over and I will get that epidural ordered up for you so you don't miss it. Miss it?! Yeah, that doesn't sound fun! I was admitted to the hospital probably around 1:30-1:45 and Owen finally got there at about 2:15. He got there just in time to help me focus during my epidural. As soon as that kicked in the doctor broke my water and we waited about an hour or so. It didn't take too long. I pushed for maybe 8 minutes and Colton Owen Johnston was born at 3:53 pm on Thursday, June 18. My recovery has been way better than it was with the first two. He is a superstar nurser!! He caught on right away and has been doing great ever since!! My sister and her three kids have been here visiting from Alaska and she has been such a huge help in taking Evie with them everywhere they go! Her and her cousin, Ruby have been playing non stop and its been so nice! My parents have been so helpful with Zayne and Colton. It's so nice to have support from family.
7.1 lbs and 20 in long!
He found his thumb right away
Lots of blue and purple going on!
Daddy and Colton!
Owen's parents and Colton
My parents and Colton
Our first family picture with new little brother!
He has blonde hair!!
And curls :)
He is getting held a lot!!!!
Cousin Archie!! My sister is due the beginning of January so they are getting excited to have a new baby at thier house!
Zayne has asked to hold Colton more times than Evie ever asked to hold Zayne!!!
She is really loving having a baby brother!
Zayne decided to brush and comb Colton's hair one morning!
And that is Colton's first week of life in pictures!! We love him and are so excited to have his sweet little spirit join our family!!!




























0 comments:
Post a Comment