The Tuesday before Thanksgiving my mom, sister, myself, and the kiddos drove down to Jerome to help my grandparents set up their Christmas decorations. With their old age, aches and pains, and other things associated with growing older, they can't do it for themselves. The girls had a blast. We actually left Zayne home with Owen. That would have been a complete disaster!
We tried to get picture with Grandpa and this is the best one we got :)
Some good bye hugs from the girls.
Evie was so excited and Zayne had not idea what was going on!
A couple weeks later, the elf brought a gingerbread house kit for Evie for Family home evening! So she spent an hour or so decorating her house :)
She kept saying: "mom, why aren't you helping me decorate?" She advised me on what to do :)
The finished product. I may or may not have cut the tip on the icing bag too far down. Whoops! Oh, well, she loved it just the same!
Celebrating Christmas with kids is a lot more fun once they get older! I love seeing the pure excitement on Evie's face when anything Christmas is around :)

2 comments:
I love all the pictures with grandma and grandpa. I hope they don't die while we're away. We're all missing you guys, especially this time of year.
Okay, you must have the best genes; your grandparents look so great! Love Evie's gingerbread house. Will has been talking about doing one non-stop, so maybe we'll grab that one from Costco too!
Post a Comment