One happy family

One happy family

Sunday, November 10, 2013

BEWARE - picture overload of Halloween Fun!

 We love Halloween around these parts! When else to you get to dress up and have an excuse to eat lots of sugar AND get lots more sugar for free?!

 Evie started out by wanting to dress up by wearing a Unicorn. I found this at a second hand kids store for $6 bucks! Evie assured me that she wasn't going to change her mind. Next thing I knew she was going to be a princess riding a Unicorn. Made sense, right? Then she eventually ditched the Unicorn and just became a princess - pictures to document below :)

 Evie loved this Glenda the Good Witch Mask at Michael's, so I naturally had to get a picture :)


 I came up with an idea to make Zayne into a werewolf for Halloween this year. I put quite a few hours into this project with LOTS of fabric glue. And isn't he the cutest, darn werewolf you've ever seen?!!! I loved how it turned out. I was pretty proud of myself! He got lots of compliments :)


This was taken the Saturday before Halloween. My sister was in charge of her Halloween party for their ward, so we helped her with it and enjoyed the food, fun, trunk or treat, and games :)

This is Evie as Tangled, with the intention of wearing the Unicorn. It lasted all but a couple of minutes and then she told me, "Mom, my Unicorn is getting tired." HA! Love that girl!

She got a princess painted on her face at the party, which she absolutely loved!


 I wish this picture hadn't turned out blurry :( Grr! My sister was the Queen of Hearts and her Husband was the Mad Hatter from Alice and Wonderland! They both looked Awesome!


 Owen wasn't able to attend. He helped my dad work on my mom's car all day, I don't think he minded missing the party, though ;)


 Here is Evie doing the doughnut string game. I love Zayne in the background! Every time I look at this picture it makes me laugh! He looks so creepy, just staring at me! HA! 


This is Zayne's costume from the back, just in case you were curious ;)


Zayne loves his aunt! Maybe it's because she looks a lot like me?!


I had to throw this picture in - It was really rainy one day and so we put Zaynes rain boots on and got his doggy hat on....he just looked really impressed :)


Grandma has lots of Halloween wigs around. This was one of them!


Evie was invited to walk with the kids at Aunt Beth's school the Thursday before Halloween. Her and her cousin had lots of fun :)


I guess we are making a tradition of getting together and making fun Halloween treats for the family Halloween party the day before :) Mickey Mouse Mummy cupcakes! I thought they turned out pretty cute!


Good work, ladies!

After we made treats, we went back to my mom and dad's house and carved pumpkins!


 Here are the finished products! Evie really wanted the bat kitty...this was my attempt:


not too bad!


another wig :)



Me in all of my w itchiness, not to be confused with anything else ;)


Owen was going for Mr. T - he uses any excuse to shave his hair into some strange fashion!


Everyone thought I looked like my niece with my straight hair, so we obviously had to get a picture together!



My niece dressed up like little red riding hood that had been attacked by the big bad wolf. Her and Zayne totally coordinated and didn't even know it! Allie thought it would be fun to take Zayne around for trick or treating, but no one was giving her candy because they thought it was part of Zayne's costume or something?! So, I took him the next time around and Allie got lots of candy :)

 Group shot!


My dad's costume was awesome! Captain America :) He loves super heroes!


Daddy and Zayne. Man, Owen is really handsome. I even kind of like his Mohawk! ;)

My sister has a neighbor that came by with her family. Her husband had this awesome werewolf costume! Zayne was not too fond of it. We tried our best to get their picture together!

It was a really fun Halloween! We had lots of fun taking the kids trick or treating and they even had a little haunted house set up in one of my sister's neighbors backyard. I had gone back to the house because Zayne was getting cold, so Evie kept trick or treating with the other cousins and adults. She ended up going through the haunted house before they realized what it really was. After they returned and told me about it, my sister and I headed over to check it out. It was scary, especially if I was only 4! BUT, Evie slept great and hasn't mentioned it since. Guess we lucked out on that one :)

1 comments:

Jana said...

You guys fit in so much fun for Halloween, I love it! I thought Zayne's costume was so cute when I saw the picture on fb; I had no idea you made it though. So creative!