One happy family

One happy family

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Goodbye summer part 2 :)

A couple of weeks ago my sister in - law called me and asked me if I would be willing to go to the mall to see if they had a cardigan she had bought, but in a different size. I can't remember the last time I had been to the mall and I was feeling pretty depressed - so I wasn't feeling that excited to go. Then I decided that it's not too bad spending someone else's money for them, so I asked my sister if she wanted to meet me. I ended up going into the children's place and found a pair of monster slippers for Zayne, a pair of flip flops for him AND these super cute sunglasses:

 
I got my whole purchase for a whopping $3.15! Um..pretty sure you can't beat that! I was pretty happy with my purchases AND Evie got a headband at a different store for $1.00! AND there was only one cardigan left in the size my sister in law wanted! My mood turned completely by the end of the night - so thanks, Rochelle, for asking me to go to the mall for you - it's exactly what I needed :)


One of my favorite things about my smart phone is this game  ^ . Owen always says to me: "Why don't you power down your little word game? I'm sure your friends will understand." (you know that commercial with the pig on the plane and the stewardess says that to him?) anyway, it always makes me laugh when he says that! But this particular screen shot is the highest word I have ever played and I was pretty proud - so naturally I had to document it.

I love this girl and she loves that "future missionary" tag that Grandma and Grandpa Johnston gave to her :)

So I may or may not bake on a weekly basis to cope with life right now. This Sunday we decided to make cookies for Evie's Sunbeam teachers. She loves them and they are so, so good with her (and the rest of the kids!) They are like a grandma and grandpa age - so the kids love it! I'm the other Sunbeam teacher and my favorite thing about being in there is being able to watch Evie during Primary. I love it!


Zayne really wanted to help, too. We don't have a boy apron for him, so until then he's gotta wear one of Evie's :)


These  two make us so happy! I couldn't imagine life with out either of them:)


 Zayne loves the monster slippers I got him! This little guy is such a sweetie! He is growing so big and so fast :( A month or so ago he decided it was his job to throw his diaper away whenever I finished changing him. He holds it up to his little chest and marches it to the garbage! His other big thing right now is getting a play purse or bag or anything with a handle and putting it on his shoulder and then waving "bye bye" and then disappearing and coming right back to do it all over again! He is also getting 4 of his back teeth all at once :( He's been pretty cranky about it - especially at night time. He is still nursing and I don't know how I feel about weaning him yet. I probably should, but he's still little to me and I really don't want to give him cows milk. So, we will see how it turns out.


This girl loves Oreos! The other night I was nursing Zayne before bed and I came out to find this! She said I got 4 Oreos - because I'm 4, Mom! Great. more than 100 grams of sugar before bed - this should turn out great ;) She is as sweet as those cookies!


Evie got a baby alive doll from Grandma and Grandpa Ogden for her birthday. Zayne thought it was fun to drink out of the baby doll's bottle! I have never given him a real bottle before so I don't know exactly where he got the idea from...but he sure thinks its fun!



We finally got Evie to ride on her bike the other night! I'm hoping she overcomes the fear of it. I think we had to bribe her with a wagon ride around the block if she rode her bike down the sidewalk and back - and she did! I was really proud of her!


My little Miss Evie on the first day of her last year of preschool! I can't believe she starts Kindergarten next year. It makes me too sad so I don't think about it!


 Evie's teacher is such a wonderful person. She knows all about our situation and I was so hoping that Owen would have a job by the time preschool started again, so that we could put her in it. But it obviously hadn't happened and so I was going to have to not do it this year. I cried about this decision. It made me so sad to think about taking away something that made Evie so happy. When I told Miss Staci that we wouldn't be able to do it this year she told me that she had lots of laminating jobs that she doesn't have time for and said she was willing to trade me 1 day a week for it. Talk about a tender mercy from the Lord. It might not seem like much - but it meant the world to us.

 
And she was serious! I'm already loaded up with work and I'm loving it :)

2 comments:

Jana said...

Emily, your kids are so. dang. cute! Their faces just kill me. What a blessing about preschool - I bet Evie's such a sweet student that Miss Staci would have done anything to keep her :).

Jenny said...

Em- thanks for your comments on our blog. I miss you! What a huge blessing to keep evie in preschool- i love secretarial work (is that a word?? hehe), mr zayne will be a big help:) This is a cute age huh? Weston is saying new things and copying new things every day..hilarious. but yes they are growing way too fast!