One happy family

One happy family

Friday, April 16, 2010

Quilt

I love going to Craft Warehouse and looking at all of the paper, frames, fun ideas, etc..you get the idea! Well, I ALWAYS end up looking at the fabric and drooling over them. However, I am ALWAYS forced back into the reality that I am not a crafty person. I repeat I. AM. NOT. a crafty person. There was this super cute bird fabric that I had spotted and I couldn't get it out of my head. I have always loved the look of the rag quilt and everyone said it was the easiest type of quilt to make. So with the help of my wonderful sister, Charity and her sewing machine and quilting skills I made my idea blossom!


I sewed most of the quilt myself! It wasn't too hard because all I had to do was sew a straight line. It worked out pretty well ;)
This picture was actually supposed to be at the top, but I put it in the wrong order, again! Anyway, this was the pattern we came up with after cutting out all of the squares.

The finished product! The back is pink flannel, which matches the pink on the front :)




I am no Martha Stewart, but I thought it turned out pretty good! What do ya think?!




3 comments:

Jana said...

Emily, that is SO cute! I'm seriously impressed - and how fun that it got to be a project for Charity to help you with.

Angie said...

It turned out very cute! You have great taste in fabric. I need to get in on some of that action.

DNF (Hammer) said...

Hey Emily! Jamie here, hope you dont mind that i took a peak of your blog. Evie is just a doll!! And i didnt know you were so talented in the sewing department! Geez, your quilt had me drooling, you did such a great job. Oh, and your sister's baby room...ADORABLE! Seeing that made me even more excited to have a girl. Im done with this Cabelas decor...anyway thanks again! You have a beautiful family.

Jamie